Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A day of fun





What a fun day we had! Grandma McNeil took all of the grandchildren to "This is the Place" state park. We had a wonderful time looking at the pioneer memorabilia, riding ponies, eating ice cream, riding the train, playing in the child-sized city, making a newspaper, kneeding bread dough, sitting through an 1867 school lesson, and having a wagon ride. As you can see, Noah's favorite part was riding on the pony. He could not stop smiling. He was also excited about the train; everytime I needed him to get into the stroller I just had to say, "Noah, do you want to go on the train?". He would resond with, "choo, choo". I asked Luke what his favorite part was and he said, "everything". Even though it was 102 degrees, we loved the experience.


After we were done at the park, the boys and I went to West Jordan for a Mortensen family get together. It has been so nice to be able to get with so much family while we have been here. Luke had a great time roughing around with Kaden and Parkar. Most of their evening was spent using "the force" to choke eachother! Noah particuarly love the cleaning up time. He was fascinated with the vacuum and broom. I think Great Grandma Mortensen was thrilled to have so many of here grandchildrena and great-grandchildren there.

6 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

How fun! Now I know how to trick Noah into loving me and being nice...all I have to do is ask him if he wants to go on the train! It sounds like you guys had so much fun up there. We would have LOVED to come spend the day with all of you. We're so happy you've spent the summer here. We love you!

Billie Sue said...

The pictures are darling and I was extremely proud of my grandchildren's behavior. When I was about busting my buttons was when we went into the Brigham Young home and Luke and Ellie were right there listening to everything the guide said. They are growing up so quickly and I was proud they were interested. A little ice cream never hurts to keep them going in the heart, however. I was worried when the "teacher" made Tess wear the Dunce Cap, because she is so gentle and has such tender little feelings. I think it was all okay, however, when Luke had to get the "spanking paddle" and Ellie had to press her nose against the wall and hold the books! It was fun for me, especially! Thanks for having the most beautiful children in the world!

Anonymous said...

Great post!! I was actually getting on your blog to chastise you for being a slacker in your posting, and to my surprise, new pictures. I don't know why Giselle seems to indicate that Noah doesn't like her, the kid LOVES Uncle Allen. I hope he hasn't forgotten about his favorite uncle since he has been away for so long.

Chelsea Johnson said...

They sure look like they are having fun! Especially Noah on the horse!!! You should get a miniature horse from Grandpa and keep it in the yard for him so he can stay occupied once you're back in Vegas...I think it would fit, wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

Olivia, I know it as been hard on you to have the boys 24/7 BUT thank you so much for spending the summer here. I remember myself time with our cousins and I think our children will definately remember the fun times they have had this summer. I think you are a great mother and your boys are lucky to have such a amazing person in their lives! I love you and those boys so much!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad because I feel like this is going to be the last post i see for such a long time! When you go visit Rick at the office, you better force Luke to take a break from nickjr.com so you can work on your blog at least weekly!!!!!