Monday, August 4, 2008

Bear Lake Vacation

Playing in the sand, sunbathing, tubing and wake boarding behind the boat, jet skiing, golfing, scrapbooking, eating, pedicures, hiking in Minnetonka Cave, and having guitar hero, karaoke, and dance dance revolution competitions...what a great vacation! We spent the last week with my family staying at Bear Lake and enjoying every minute of our little escape. It was great to have most of my family (even Grandpa Bisel stayed with us Sunday evening) together at different times during the week. I wish everyone could've been there the whole time. Here is a little taste of our wonderful week.

The kids has so much fun at the beach. The water on the north side is really shallow for a long distance so the water stays nice and warm. They played for HOURS everyday and would've stayed longer if we let them.

The first day on the boat the kids got dumped off the tube twice and therefore thought that it was a terrible experience. A couple of days later I forced my boys back out there so they wouldn't end things on a bad note. Noah still wasn't too much of a tubing fan, but Luke really enjoyed it.


Although Luke hates when I make him stop playing and pose for my pictures, he was a good sport. I thought that I did a great job of keeping sunscreen on the boys so they wouldn't get burned, but I found out I missed a spot...their bums. Right above their swimming suits got a little burned from them bending over and digging in the sand and exposing a little more skin than I realized.



Noah absolutely loved our time at the beach. He spent hours everyday digging in the sand and playing in the water. I would take him to the beach everyday if we lived near one! I was amazed at how long he would play and be good because nothing else holds his attention that long.



Elijah got his turn dipping his toes in the water. He was such a good beach bum, he just stayed under the canopy and slept and ate! I didn't know that a baby would be so good for 4-6 hours a day at the beach. He is such a delight.


I realize that because I take most of the pictures we almost never get any of us, so I dragged Rick into the water to get a picture. Good thing it was taken so far away because I wouldn't suggest having your picture taken in a bathing suit 6 weeks after having a baby.


I just HAD to put this picture in (sorry Chels) because it shows how the adults spent their time every evening. I am playing guitar hero, Max is singing karaoke, and Chelsea is doing dance dance revolution. Okay, Chelsea and I are just posing for the picture while Max (and Rick) sing, but I wanted to get all three together. I can't believe how much fun we had. Just for the record, Chelsea dominated DDR, Rick was the best at guitar hero, and the girls KILLED the boys at karaoke.

Thanks so much to mom and dad for getting the rooms for us and allowing us to have such a great family vacation. We loved it so much we are already planning next year. Thanks to my sisters for being my best friends. Thanks to our husbands for allowing us to spend every waking minute together! Family is the best. If we can survive a week on vacation together, we can survive anything.

17 comments:

Billie Sue said...

I loved seeing the picitures and hearing how much fun you all had. My Dad and I had a really nice time Sunday night while you girls did your pedicures at Olivia and Chelsea's condo. He and I just sat and chatted and relived old memories -- without too many tears. My goal of planning a family vacation is just exactly what you described. I am so glad you girls are all friends and that your husbands are really good friends and especially that the grandchildren all love each other and play together so well. Thank you all for being my wonderful children! Next year Dad and I will vacation with you!

Unknown said...

Hey when were you guys there? Gabby and I was there this last weekend. Looks like you all had a good time, as did we!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am so mad at you! The one on my blog is muchy better than that horrible pic!

We loved being there with you guys and cannot wait till next year!

Foote Family said...

It looks like you had a great time! We are lucky here to see the beach every day. We are definitely taking more advantage of it this summer.

I love the new music!

Kristie said...

You guys always know how to party! I need to take my kids to the beach they would love it. I really like this blog thing I am glad you introduced me to it. I can keep up with how you are doing.
Take care.
Addison

Staci said...

Man your kids are so dang cute... If I ever get a boy I hope they turn out like yours. I love the last picture, I think it really captures the intensity of the moment... Yeah for Bear Lake... 3 days until I get to go there...

Haylee said...

Looks like fun Olivia!! Although, I can't totally believe that Rick dominated on Guitar Hero--you look like you are rocking it out there!! Nice!! It was fun to be with you this weekend! Love the pictures!

Billie Jo said...

I am still trying to recover from all the good food and great company. I loved every minute of it. I love that the kids have to spend every waking minute together. I only wish that I would have had my husband there the whole time to play at the beach. Why did you leave out Noah's potty breaks at the beach?

Giselle Rasheta said...

Excuse me! I believe I was the best at Guitar Hero...I beat Rick all but one time on the challenges and he was cheating the whole time...I'm so offended!!! Although, I had SUCH good time with all of you that I guess I'll be okay if I don't get the prize...

Oh man I had such a good time. Thank you for your awesome post. I'll add my pictures of your kids as soon as I get my camera.

Cassondra said...

Family IS the best! You are spoiled, girl! This looks like a really fun outing! Your boys are darling and you look awesome!

Jadi said...

What a fun vacation! We love going up to Bear Lake. You are so lucky you get to be so close to family. Being away from our families has been the hardest part about living away. Hopefully one day we will be able to get back to Utah. Eli is so cute! Thanks for sharing all of the fun pictures.

The Cox Family said...

Bear Lake is such a fun place! It looks like you all had a blast and I love that the adults took time to "play" too. It is crazy that summer is practically over and school is starting soon. I think summer needs to be just a little bit longer so we can all have a few more vacations!

The Pili Aiga said...

See....that's what I miss. Unless you want to go sit at rocky, hot, and dirty Lake Mead, there is no where near Vegas to do that. Gotta drive at least three hours. We still want to move to Utah (badly), but the market here is SO bad....we would take about a $50,000 loss on our home and we put almost $100,000 down on it in the first place. Is that crazy or what? sad for me....I miss the outdoors so much :( On the up side, and you will be proud to know, I am still exercising even though I hate it...lol..We took the Young Women to skymania yesterda (a big trampoline place) and I could barely breath. That's my motivation for the next month of working out..ha ha ha Your family's beautiful. Say hi to Luke!

Marleen said...

Nothing like Dance Dance Revolution competitions. I can totally relate.

Emily said...

What party animals! I LOVE The guitar hero picture - you always were quite the rocker, Olivia.

What an fun trip!

briggsbunch said...

Fun! Looks like a way fun vacation! I love guitar hero. Tell Rick I will battle him anytime! Let's get together soon!

Wendy said...

In addition to your fun post, I'm loving the awesome blogpaper and excellent 80s tunes. So great to see you all a few weeks ago!

Best, Wendy

p.s. Tell Rick I'm sorry to have beaten him in horseshoes and that he can stop hassling me about my blog now...