Sunday, March 2, 2008

Feeling Meloncholoy

Well, we have made the move back to Utah. We have been so excited about it for so long that when it finally arrived I was suprised to find myself feeling meloncholoy. It has been a long month of packing, an even longer week of cleaning, and one of the longest drives from Las Vegas I've ever had. By the time I was to Nephi and it was raining my spirits were getting low, by Provo it was snowing, and coming over the hill from Heber it was a whiteout. The boys rode in the "big truck" with Rick and were almost two hours behind me, so I was feeling very guilty about that the whole drive and for the two hours I spent looking out the front door waiting for them to pull up to the house. Despite my effort to organize the things that we needed to keep out to live while we are with my parents house, Rick arrived here without our clothes, diapers for Noah, or our toothbrushes. I went to bed overtired and exhausted, physically and emotionally.

This morning Rick did go and get most of our necissities, excluding my shoes. So, I went to church in my moms shoes which were three sizes too small. I really enjoyed sitting with my sister and her girls during sacrament meeting, but found myself looking around for all my friends, which are still in Las Vegas! Blame it on being tired or stressed or pregnant, but somehow being "home" has yet to make me feel as elated as I thought I would be.

I just wanted to thank all my wonderful friends in Las Vegas who made our 2 1/2 years there fun. Thanks for being my friend, having your kids be friends with mine, putting meals together with me at midnight, bunco (!), tending my kids while we cleaned our house, helping me clean my kitchen, throwing good-bye parties for us, and making us feel at "home" in Vegas. I will miss you all so much.

Luke starts his first day at his new school tomorrow, Rick starts work on Tuesday, and someday it will stop snowing. Things are going to be great. I really am glad to be here, we feel so blessed with the opportunites that life has given us.

Sorry for the rambling post, we actually left our camera in Las Vegas in the house we just moved out of (we need to figure out a way to get that back!) so I didn't have much else to update.

18 comments:

Marleen said...

Your right. The first initial feeling will soon leave and the counting of blessings of being where you are now will happen more and more. It's great to know though that you really enjoyed living here and your ward.

Billie Jo said...

Well I sure am glad you are back!! I thin kit so cute how Mia is so taken with Luke and Rick. I hope you are happy that we all the time to put meals together and hopefully scrapbook at little and take walks when and if the snow ever melts!!!

Stephanie said...

You'll get there! It's an adjustment no matter where you move to! Now that you are officially moved out I can be excited for all of the things that you get to do in the next little while...it's all worth it!

Alec and Tiffany said...

I am so excited that somebody from Las Vegas has moved up here with us! It is an adjustment but you will get used to it. Let us know how Rick's first day goes, I'm anxious to hear! And we need to get together, I haven't seen your adorable boys in a long time!

Amy said...

We already miss you guys!

Jadi said...

I completely understand your feelings. I always struggle emotionally the first few months every time we move. Moves are so stressful and it is always hard to end a chapter in your life even though you are excited to go onto the next one. I hope you get settled soon and everything continues to go well for you guys. Tell Rick and Luke good luck with their new school and job. We love you guys!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh, I'm sorry...but I'm so glad you're here. I know there are only a few months that we'll both be living here, but we'll make the best of it! I'll be hanging out with you every weekend after Noah leaves...

I love that Mia told me her "Lukie Friend" was moving home. I think we are all that excited that you're here - hopefully you'll feel as excited as us soon!

Staci said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down. I am totally with you on the snow thing. If it doesn't get warm soon I may find a cliff to jump off of. I hope things will start to get better. I didn't even know that you were moving back. I will come tend your kids, make dinners and clean your kitchen with you. Just give me a call. You were always my favorite. I will also let you borrow Sienna for a while to have a baby girl to dress up if you want... (Even though you have the most adorable nieces I have ever seen.) Feel free to borrow her. It's hard to move. I always got down during every move... Things will get better I promise... Keep us updated on the first day of the new school...

Chelsea Johnson said...

As much as I want to move "home" too, a part of me doesn't want to leave our life, my job or my friends here, so I can relate. But just think of how much and how long you have wanted to be there! I know you'll adjust soon and be happy! Hopefully Luke's first day went well! They've probably already tried to move him up a couple grades! We love you and are excited to see you this weekend!

Cassondra said...

I was so happy to see you on my blog Olivia! You're right, they are going to help me feel a lot more connected with you now that you're far away.

I miss you already. The reality and gravity is hitting me so much more now now that you're actually gone. LAME!!

Thanks a lot, Utah. FYI Bakers got their dream job in Salt Lake so they'll be joining you soon. Like I said, Thanks a lot, Utah.

Sincerely,
Cassondra

P.S. I'll see if I can brake into your house... ;)

McNeil Family said...

Olivia,

The whole drive home from your house on Saturday and for the rest of the day, I just felt very sad that you guys were gone. I still feel very sad when I realize you guys aren't down the road from us. Even though we didn't see you everyday it was nice to know you were there. I know Allen probably feels worse because he doesn't get to see Rico everyday at work. I admit that on Sunday night we went over to the office and I got teary when I saw Rick's empty office. (Not just because there was no Dr. Pepper to steal from his fridge.) WE MISS YOU A LOT. I have eaten the jam you left me for breakfast and dinner since you gave it to me.

Even though I'm not going to lie.... I am very much enjoying the weather. I can't imagine the snow you describe. I hope it melts before we come to visit.

Kiss those boys for us! I'll try to quit my sniffling over you guys not being here.

P.S. Allen was very worried about Luke's first day of school, but I told him that he is smart, athletic, and likable, and all the little kids will probably be his best friend by recess. So, let us know everything went well so Allen can stop worrying about him making new friends.

The Richards family said...

Welcome home!! We sure are glad you are here and we hope we can get together with you a lot!! I think we could probly make great freeze dinner parties. I love those boys and think they are the cutest so if they ever get bored send them over. We love you and I think it might warm up by July so don't worry.

Emily said...

Ug. You reminded me what a pain (physically and emotionally) it is to sell a house, pack up, and move. I'm not looking forward to it in a couple months. I'm also jealous you're back in "the valley" - wish we were too.
Oh well. . . at least I'll see you when we're in town this summer - I can't wait!!!

Your descriptions are great in this post.

Kati said...

I really think that this time of year isn't the best time to move back to Utah...especially coming from Vegas! I think most people are feeling the same way you are too. Blame it on the weather. In a few weeks you will be loving life...I promise. Hope Luke loved his first day of school. I am sure he did great.
Kati

The Cox Family said...

Dorothy told us you guys were moving back and we was so excited for you! I know how you feel about the whole moving experience. We have moved four times since we have been married and I would rather die than have to move again! It also seems everytime we move it is horrible weather as well. I hope you guys get settled and if you need anything please let us know!

Billie Sue said...

I hope you are feeling better now, but we are sure glad to have you here! Grandpa loves the boys helping him feed!

Gines Family said...

I am glad to hear you guys made it ok. We had no idea you where moving until Dave called and talked to Rick. I hope everything went well and you are all settled in with your parents

tortured mormon mom said...

Olivia- Those are the cutest boys I have ever seen. Way cuter than mine but yours too will grow up sooner than you'll like.