Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter everyone!
What a fun weekend we had with all of my family in town! It started on Saturday morning with an Easter egg dive at the pool where the boys got to swim for as many eggs as they could and then trade them in for goodies. This is our third year doing it and they totally love it! That afternoon the dads all took care of the kids so we could have a little girl's day out for my birthday. We went to lunch and shopping in Park City. It was really a lot of fun and the time totally flew by. We came straight home to a pizza/egg dyeing/ birthday/ feats of strength/ yoga pose party at the Butikofer's house. Let's just say that by the end of the night both kids and parents were exhausted!

On Sunday morning the kids found their eggs and candy baskets right when they woke up then we had a HUGE Easter brunch. Of course I ate too much because the food was just too tempting! Noah and I stayed home from church because he had been sick with a fever for the previous two days. He also needed a LONG nap after such an exciting weekend. I was disappointed that I didn't get to wear my new Easter dress (a la girls shopping day) or hear the Easter program at church. That evening we headed to Bountiful for yet MORE Easter celebrations. We had a delicious dinner with the Gunnersons and the kids did another egg hunt. It was fun to get together with the Gunnersons and let the kids play together. Whew, can you jam more fun into one weekend?
Happy Easter from the Gunnersons!
(See I really am pregnant. That last picture was pretty deceiving.)


Rick, Jack, and Noah at the Easter egg dive.

The kids had a great time dyeing the eggs.
(I was totally sweating by the end of the process trying to keep Noah in check!)


Luke and Noah hunting eggs and candy in Bountiful.


Noah getting candy out of the tree.
(I guess that old Easter Bunny can hop pretty high!)

16 comments:

Brie said...

Your family is absolutely adorable. You are so cute pregnant. I sure miss you and I hope sometime we will be able to get together again. Hannah sure misses Luke. Tell him Hannah said Hi! You take care.

Anonymous said...

What a fun Easter! Luke and Noah looked so cute in their Easter outfits. The swimming pool egg hunt looked so fun. Thanks for sharing.
We miss you guys!

Vanessa said...

I love your blog. It's good to blog because now that you are far, I can still read about what is going on! And an Easter Egg dive- I think that is the coolest thing I have ever heard of!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I love that you are updating so much now! It was so fun to spend time with you guys. I'm glad you had fun in Bountiful--you're lucky to have both families so close! I love those boys and can't wait to see the next little addition to your fam!

Foote Family said...

It sounds like a lot of fun to be around family for all of the holidays. I hope you had a happy birthday! Also, I'll take the rain we had on Easter over the snow that is on the ground! What a cute little family you have!

Kristie said...

Olivia,

Happy Belated Birthday! I can't believe how old you are getting! I enjoyed your post, your little family is cute. I will have to get in touch with you next time we are in Kamas.

Take care
Addison

Billie Sue said...

It is double fun, not only to have you living here, but to also have you update and keep everyone posted about your life! The boys are too adorable to try to describe--despite the fact that you think Noah is a handful! It was so cute to see him trailing Grandpa last evening out to feed the horses. He was walking across the bridge by himself and when he saw me, he yelled, "I feeding the horses!" Gotta love those boys! You are beautiful whether pregnant or not. Lovies - Mom

Cassondra said...

Olivia~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Why was I thinking your birthday was in April? I'm sorry I'm late - what a lame friend! I love this post! Thanks for the pictures! You look beautiful! And I love the idea of an easater egg dive. How fun!! Thanks for calling to talk Monday! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Cassondra

Marleen said...

Your boys look so cute. I love their outfits. Looked like you had a great Easter. Olivia, you looked fabulous also. I think I might see a small pregnant belly finally on that top family picture.

Amy said...

Love your boys matching outfits. You all look so great!

Emily said...

You are too cute and pregnant!
Wow! I'm so impressed with your Easter stamina!
Love the pics - Aw, how fun to be family!

Okay, I'm just listening to "Rawhide" Is that Rod Maxfield???? Man! It sounds just like him. Yeah, that's definitely him. . . I recognize that gwah ha ha laugh. . . okay, and the yodeling - yup, it's him.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Em, it does sound like Rod, but I think it is Riders in the Sky. I don't know for sure because Rick put it on. I begged him not to put on "Cowboy" music, but the truth is Rick and my boys love to listen to it. Whenever I get in my car after they are in it that is what is playing. Luke has so many of the songs memorized and loves to sing the parts and the harmonies. Who knows!?

Emily said...

Darn!
Your boys are so cool. I'm glad they (and Rick) like Cowboy music. I'm sure the car singing is a scream - you should definitely hook him up with Rod.

Emily said...

Oh. . .AND. . .
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

What a fun weekend! I was so glad to be able to be up there and spend the weekend with you guys!

The Cox Family said...

I can't believe how much you all did in just one weekend! Sounds like a ton of fun though! The kids look like they enjoyed all the festivities and I am glad you girls were able to get away and do some shopping. You look great Olivia!