Monday, February 18, 2008

Boys oh, boys!

One night Rick left a bag of cookies on the table and Noah really went to town. After a little while of not hearing Noah, I went looking for him because it is never a good thing when all is quiet at home. I found him at the kitchen table with about 20 cookies taken apart and the middle eaten out. I can't really blame him because I think the cookies are gross. Rick always buys those yucky store brand chocolate and vanilla cookies. He and Luke like them, and apparently Noah likes part of them.
Noah was really quite pleased with himself that he could open the cookie, eat out the middle, and not get one bite of the "crust". He is opposed to "crust" on anything.
Luke finally lost his loose tooth. He had been wiggling it for a couple of weeks before it was finally ready to come out. One day at lunch time he was having a fit because he said his tooth was bothering him too much to eat. I thought it was just an excuse because if you know Luke, you know he is not a very good eater. I finally relented that it wasn't an excuse when I could see that it was bleeding. I told him we needed to go into the bathroom and he needed to let me pull his tooth. He was having a meltdown about a bleeding tooth and being late to school. I was having a meltdown because I really didn't want to pull his tooth. I HATED getting my teeth pulled when I was little and was quite tramatized my having my dad sit on top of me and forcing his finger into my mouth to pull my teeth. I do remember one time biting his finger pretty hard and he gave up and grumbled something about hoping I get kids as stubborn as me one day! (Thanks dad!) But, Luke and I both sucked it up and I pulled that tooth right out. He said it didn't even hurt. He was right, it didn't even hurt me either.
The tooth fairy gave him a dollar for his tooth, and Luke said "I wonder how much I will get for my silver teeth, or my spacer because they cost a lot of money!" I would say that the tooth fairy has already paid a pretty penny for those teeth!

I am getting use to the idea of living with boys forever. I guess it is a good thing that I love them so much because at this point I really don't have a choice. I will forever be coutnumber in my household!

19 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute post. DANG - your boys look like you! They are so cute. I especially love the picture of Noah with a cookie, looking sneaky and charming.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Oh those boys! What would we do without them? I'm glad you both were brave enough to pull the tooth! I love that Noah boy---I completely agree about the cookies!

Kristie said...

Those boys are so cute. I am glad that you are having another boy Ethan will have lots of boy cousins his age to play with at the McNeil family reunions. I am glad that you posted I love catching up with up you guys are doing.

Take Care
Addison

Billie Sue said...

Oh those boys are the cutest Gunner boys in the entire world! I love that Noah figured out he could eat those cookies without the crust and I completely agree with him! Poor Luke and his tooth! I feel so sorry for him having a worry attack about getting to school to play and then the tooth on top on that! I am lucky because Dad always pulled you kids teeth. I can't remember ever pulling one of anyone's! He even pulled Ellie's first tooth, which I got after him about and told him that her parents should have that privilege. He is kind of "gluttonie Grandpa" and that is part of why he is so excited to have those boys here again! I have to admit that I am as well, as I just want to spoil those boys and let them eat the middle of the cookies when they want to and let them go off to school without having eaten their whole sandwich! They'll eat better when they come home! Love you all and I'm so glad for a new post so I can see those little faces I love so much!

Laura said...

What a smart little cookie that Noah is! I think we all know that the middle is the best part. At least he was putting them on the table when he was done and not back in the package.

Staci said...

I saw on America's funniest home video that they tied a sting to a remote control car and then drove it away while tied to the tooth. You should try that next time. You were very brave. I would have been screaming if I had to pull the tooth. SO BRAVE!!!

Marleen said...

A whole dollar! Things are so expensive these days. Luke is pretty lucky. Nora is really going to miss her boy "cousins".

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh man those pictures are cute. I love the close up one where you can still Noah's spit on the cookies...he must have really enjoyed those! If my dad bought the gross kind instead of real oreos, I think I'd pull them apart, too!

I can't even imagine pulling a child's tooth! AAAAAAAAAAAH! I think I might have to just let them fall out on their own...maybe Noah will do it. Tell Luke and Noah I'm getting very excited to see them and we'll be spending lots of time together since Uncle Noah moves on March 12th, and I'm going to spend my weekends in K-Town. Can't wait to see you...love you all!

The Cox Family said...

That is so funny about Noah. I bet he was bouncing off the walls from all that sugar! I also am impressed that you pulled out Luke's tooth. I told Curtis that he is definitely in charge of the tooth pulling!

The Richards family said...

I think I was at your house when your dad pulled your tooth and you bit him. I remember you hated your teeth pulled, and now you are pulling you own kids teeth. I love little Noah eating the middle of the cookies I am glad you got a picture of that, it is so cute!!!

Amy said...

Noah is so sneaky! Love the pictures. We're going to miss you guys. It's been fun to be in a ward with family in it.

Billie Jo said...

Man oh man Mia and Noah are more a like than I ever even imagined! I think that we will have to be very careful when those two hang out together! I am counting down the days until you are here!!!! And like I said before you can have ALL the girls time you need!!!

Jadi said...

That was a cute story about Noah. Kaylee is always getting into everything! She has a few hiding places so if something is missing I can usually find it pretty easy. :)

Tell Luke congratulations on loosing his tooth! Kaden still hasn't lost a tooth. He doesn't even have any loose teeth yet. It is a big deal for 6 year olds. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures! We love it when you guys post stuff!

Kati said...

Didn't know you were moving "home"!
Love the pictures of the cookie monster...What a cutie!

Kati

Billie Sue said...

Saturday is a special day -- it's the day our boys come to stay!!! I'll clean the house, and I'll shop at the store so I can be ready for them to stay! We're excited and Zeek and BJ keep coming to the store to see if they're coming! Lovie, Grandma

Cassondra said...

I love these pictures of your boys. I am SO SAD you are leaving this week! Seriously. I'm already checking your blog to see more of you because I'm depressed that you're going. Even so, I am very happy for your family and Ricks job opportunity.
You are such a clever writer! I enjoy reading your blog, not only for the cute stories, but also the entertaining way you share them. I am sorry to tell you that my blog is no where nearly as fun to read. (Oh, yeah, i have to send you an invite. Check your email. Do I even have your email? I'll look in the RS roster...)
Thanks for coming over tonight. We had such a blast!!
Cassondra

Cassondra said...

This is my final plee....





DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




That's all I have to say about that.

Cassie Jo said...

Olivia! I was wondering aimlessly from blog to blog and came accross yours. I can not believe how big your little boys are! They are adorable. That can't be the same little Luke that would cheer with us... he is loosing teeth now? That makes me feel somewhat old. Such is life, I suppose. They are soooo cute!

Stephanie said...

I've just chosen to be in denial about the fact that you are moving...If I don't see it, it's not true! You will be missed, but I have to concede that grandma sounds pretty happy to have her grandbabies closer...I suppose she can win this time!