Saturday, September 8, 2007

Viva Mexico!






Well, finally I have some time to come an update my blog. I hope that you all have enjoyed the comments I have put on your blogs, and will try to remember that I do not have internet access at home...so please don't expect commets more than on the weekends and no more demands for updates!


Anyway, we had a really fun labor day weekend in California and Mexico. We left on Thursday evening and drove to Blythe. It wasn't too long and we were there by about 10:30 pm. The distance isn't that far, but the roads are crazy. From about Searchlight, NV (which is about an hour or a little less from LV) to Blythe the road is just a two lane road that is more like a roller coaster than a road. Once you hit the end of the Nevada border the road is really bad. I guess we actually use some of our gambling money to grade the land before we just throw asphalt on top of it. California does not. Rick loved the road. He thought it was exciting to try to pass three semi-turcks at once while flying over the roller coaster dips in the road. I did not enjoy it much and quickly remembered why no one wants to be my partner on the amazing race.


Blythe was pretty fun. Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Tom were a lot of fun to be with. We had a great time eating salsa, carne, and fresh fruit. We had lots of fun just sitting and talking. Their pool was great, especially for me because Rick could tend the boys and I just floated around sun tanning.


Mexico was a little more than and hour away on the same type of roads. We went Friday for Luke's first appointment and decided to come monday and have him put to sleep and get all of his work done at once. For some reason the idea of putting him out was a lot scarrier that having dental work done in Mexico, but the dentist told me to have faith in her and god and everything would work out. Luke had some blood drawn that day, which he cried and screamed about; but the sling shot we bought him after make it almost better.


Monday we went back to Mexico for the big dentist day. I also had an appointment and got a couple of silver fillings changed to white. Luke did great! He was in and out in about 2 1/2 hours. The dentist and doctor were both very nice and very competent. Luke's teeth didn't even bother him very much for that day or the days to come. He had two root canals and crowns and five fillings. He also had an impression taken for the spacer he will get put in on the 22nd. Rick and Allen are taking him back then. We shopped a little after that and bought some medicine, vanillia, sunglasses, and pots. Luke was rewarded with a new Turtle piggy bank. Oh the wonders of Mexican shopping. Noah was great throughout it all. He was happy to shop and pose for pictures. We had a couple of offers for him, the most being $10. We decided to keep him anyway, although I think he could be a good little salesman. The shop owners seemed to love him. The one picture was set up entirely by three little men with the hat, the maraccas, and singing with "Johnny Cash".


Well, without making this entry into a novel I will say that we had a great time and are bound to make another trip to Mexico and the dentist.

11 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I have been patiently waiting for an update, and noticed that you were making the rounds commenting so I knew you must be at Rick's office--I am so glad that I sat here waiting and kept checking back because the update is here, and I love seeing pictures of those adorable boys!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time, although we did miss you a lot. I love Mexico too, where else can you buy a sombrero while waiting outside the dentist office? Glad you had a great time! Love ya and can't wait to see you soon--hopefully soon at least!

Billie Sue said...

I love your update! I love Mexico too so the pictures made me homesick for there! I am thinking about coming and going down with you on the 22nd! I'll talk to Dad and we'll see! Luke -- I am so proud of you and the dentist office looks really fun! I can just imagine Noah and the singing guy! Cute, cute, cute! I want to do some shopping and being able to do it with Allen would be lots of laughs! I was scared to see Noah jumping off the diving board -- he is not afraid of anything! Love those handsome boys!

Staci said...

Ok, I'm confused... Why do you go to Mexico for dental care???

The Richards family said...

I have been thinking of you guys. My mom has been trying to get me to go to the dentist when they go back down in November, My husband had to go into Mexico the day before I did to check it out before I went, so It might take a while to convince him to let me go to the dentist there. Seeing Luke sit there so big and brave makes me feel a little better about it. I am just scared of ALL dentist.

Kati said...

Okay....so seriously...Are the Winterton girls just really slow or something??? What is up with Mehico????
Kati

Kati said...

WOW!!! Thanks for the explanation Billie Sue! I have TONS of work that needs to be done. Would Uncle Tom and Aunt Bonnie let me sleep over???
My teeth are rotten. I am hopeless.
HMMMMMM.....Mehico??? HERE I COME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no...my Mexico plans are showing up on blogs before I confer with my travel agent (Patrice). How could anyone not want to go down after looking at those pictures!

Anonymous said...

Olivia, Thanks for the update. I know you only have access to the computer on certain days but I thought I could get Rick in trouble if I demanded adn update and he stole the camera to do it!!! I am so glad that everything went so well for Luke. It is such a tramatic experience no matter if you are at Primary Children's or Algadones. Got to love those kids teeth. We are getting ready for round #2. Tess goes back for her update on Thursday. Sad thing is I can definately see two spots. I brush the life out of those teeth two times a day and still it is not helping and I think you know that there is no use for me on the sugar restriction with her!!! I love Noah with the sombrero. I may have taken the $10 dollars because you can definately get a lot of Mexican stuff for $10.00. Just kidding that kid is priceless. AS for your dental work I think if I have a lot of work for Tess I may have to make a trip to Blythe myself. I will have to see how this new insurance goes. By the way it was 34 degrees when Tim left for work this morning!!!

heather said...

Cute site Olivia! Anyone know their email address?

Laura said...

Glad to see that you made it back from Mexico! It looks like it was a good trip. The boys look like they really enjoyed the shopping, what good sports.

Giselle Rasheta said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend! I'm glad everything went well...I know it can be a little scary (getting the root canals mostly) so I am proud of that little guy! I only had to get one and I was ready to jump out of the chair before they were done! I love Mexico, too, and just hearing you talk about shopping there makes me miss it.

P.S. I think $10 for Noah was a pretty good offer! They must not have heard him with his famous 'uh-uh' response to everything they said! Ha ha...just kidding, we love that little guy. He's definitely a keeper!