Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mas Mexico






This weekend Rick and Luke made a very quick trip back to Mexico for Luke's spacer to be put in. They left friday night and came back saturday night! I told Rick it was a long drive for a 30 minute dentist appointment. Anyway, everything went great and for the time being Luke's dental work is done!!!! When luke got back home he said he needed to look at his spacer in the mirror and went upstairs to inspect. A minute later he came back down and said "I don't know what the hell is in my mouth." I just looked at him with mouth hanging open. I almost laughed, but thought I should not encourage bad lanuage from my children. I said to him "Where did you hear something like that?" He answered "Ninja turtles". Okay, who knew that crime fighting mutant turtles used bad language? I tried not to get to mad at him beacuse he did not know he was saying something bad. I have etched in my memory a time when Allen and I were playing at the church while my mom was cleaning and we were using language we had heard on T.V. that we didn't know what it really meant. I can still remember the spanking on that one. Needless to say, I have NEVER said that word again, mom.


While in Mexico Rick did a little shopping. No, not to buy me a fake prada purse, or beautiful mexican pots, but for a Nacho Libre mask. If you haven't seen that movie, you should. It is one of Rick's favorites. In fact he loved it so much that he now has a Nacho Libre mask. He has promised me that is I can find blue tights and red briefs and cape he will dress as Nacho for Halloween. So I am currently on the hunt. If you are in posession of any of the above please send them to me. I am dying to take Rick to our ward trunk or treat as Nacho Libre. Rick said that he wanted a nude colored shirt, but I said he had to be authentic...shirtless.


Rick also bought a cowboy hat, and I don't like it. He loves it because he said it is just like Gus' hat from Lonesome Dove. I agreed. It is like a hat for a 70 year old man in the 1800s. So Rick has put it to a vote. DO you like the hat?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winner winner chicken dinner... WE'RE THE FIRST TO POST!

Why doesn't Rick just wear a pair of the tights he already has in his closet? We actually have a pic of him wearing some wranglers that just might do the trick.

Billie Sue said...

Oh my! I have just pulled myself up off the floor from the gales of laughter I experienced from reading your blog! "Out of the mouths of babes!" Luke, Luke, Luke! What a boy! I also have a visual image running around in my head of Rick as Libre! That Las Vegas living is totally having an effect on you, Rick! By the way, I DO like the hat, but I veto the mustache!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I, too, am dying of laughter! That is hilarious(Luke's response and Rick's mask) and it is now my personal goal to find some tights for Rick! I don't mind the hat, and if it makes him happy, you should let him wear it! Its not affecting you, right? Anyway--loved the update! I think that even though you don't have the internet on your home computer, you should try to update twice a week because we LOVE to hear about your life! I know its asking a lot, but we would all really love it! What are the boys going to be for Halloween? Also, I am going to try to cut back on my use of exclamation points, so I would like you all to hold me to it!!!!!! Starting now....

Laura said...

I like the hat, and I don't think it looks like an "old guys" hat. You will need to make sure you get pictures of "Nacho Libre" on Halloween, because I am sure you will find the rest to make it complete.

Anonymous said...

Well now that I have cleaned up Mia's pee pants I have to go clean up my own. I seriously needed that after the hour I just had with kids going to bed and such. I was laughing more on how you would react to the whole " what the ****!"
Then I cracked up over the nacho libre idea and I just went online to get Rick some tights. I think that the breifs will add a great touch too!
Tim's had three responses. (In this order)1. Thank you, he laughed so hard that he passed his kidney stone! 2. He will drive all the way to Las Vegas just to see Rick in the costume. and 3. If Rick looked any hotter he might just get a good "poke!"(As only Gus would say on Lonesome Dove!)
So I will give a second shout out like Chelsea. Could you go to the library and use their computers?

Kati said...

Loved the update! I especially love Luke's response to the spacer! That is how I feel a lot of times after a dentist appointment! I couldn't have said it better myself! I am really looking forward to pictures of Rick's halloween atire. I will do my best to find what you need. As far as the hat goes...trust me, it is WAY better than what my husband wears flyfishing. I would do anything for him to have one that looked as good as Ricks. So...I vote that it is a keeper. Sorry Olivia.
I vote that Rick buys you a computer for home.

Amy said...

That is hilarious!!! I couldn't stop laughing. Innocent Luke? Tommy says that at least he used it right. Oh, kids. They say the funniest things. Rick, we definitely love the hat. Tommy thinks it's unique in a sea of trendy, stupid cowboy hats. Oh, and we're definitely going to the trunk or treat if Rick is going to be there in his Nacho Libre costume. Are you going to be dressed as a nun, olivia?

Staci said...

Loved the update... Just so you know Steve's brother Paul's little girl Alyssa who is two, was running around her cousin Emma's birthday party screaming. "Kick your Ass" I didn't really know how to respond because it was so funny but I didn't want her to think it was funny!!! So i'm pretty sure every kid goes through this. Cameron there son would flip people off from the back seat of the car and Ruby never knew it until someone told her about it... Loved the costume and I love to here about the Mexico adventures... So fun!!! Hopefully the dental work is over for a while...

Vanessa said...

I'm so thankful I had your blog to look at today and laugh! I can just see innocent, little Luke saying that! But, I think on Ninja Turtles (the cartoon), they say "What the shell?!" But it does sound like hell.
I am looking forward to the Nacho Libre costume and my vote for the hat is a no.

Brie said...

That is so not what you would think would come out of sweet little Luke's mouth. I hope you guys are doing well and I hope to come see you soon. Also lets make a play date for the kids sometime. We could go to the park if you would like? let me know

Stephanie said...

I know I see you every day, but it is still so fun to hear you put all of these everyday things into words to share! Brendan decided to use a few choice words once and so we had to tell him that it was a naughty word, so a few days later we were driving around town and he says: "#&#^ is a naughty word and we don't say #&@^ because it's naughty, right mom?" ... so it does make me a little curious as to what YOU said all those years ago?!

Giselle Rasheta said...

That's so stinkin funny! I seriously wish I could have heard that (since I'm sure Luke will never say it again), although I don't know if I could have refrained from laughing.

Oh the hat--I say sure! Of course, this is coming from the wife who lets her husband plan trips to Antarctica and suddenly decide to fly helicopters! Perhaps I am not the best voice of reason...

Love you guys!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh, and...if you can't find tights, let me know by a couple of weeks before, and I can definitely get you some (I do have the hook-ups on dance pants).

Jadi said...

This story was so worth reading! Geoff and I got a good laugh out of it!