Saturday, September 15, 2007

This week




Life is good. Each day has it's own little routine and keeps up hopping. This week Luke started piano lessons, and totaly loves it. His teacher is in our ward and is darling. She use to be an elementary school teacher and is full of energy. He loved his first lesson and already has his first weeks songs memorized. He often playes them with his eyes closed, just for show! He told me the other day that he wishes everyday was monday so he could have piano lessons everyday. He is just so excited about learning. He is dressed for school and done practicing the piano by 7:30 am everyday. Let's hope he keeps this excitement for years to come.


While Luke was at piano lessons, I took Noah up the road to a little community playground and snapped some pictures. He is sooooo cute. He loves to ham it up for the camera, and has such a "natural" little smile. (Like mother like son) He got this little Bob the Builder book from the library a couple of weeks ago and hasn't put it down since. Yes, he has to have his "Bop" book when he takes a nap. (Again, like mother like son)


So life rolls on by day after day. These little times in my day sometimes seems insignificant, but this is really why I am a mom. I love to see my kids learning and growing day after day.

14 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I love and miss those boys so much!! Noah looks like he is huge in that crib! I love your childrens' zest for learning, and I too hope it continues for years to come. I'm so happy that you love being a mom to those boys, who wouldn't when they see how adorable they are!

Anonymous said...

Olivia,

Okay, so I frequent the blog site. Your boys are so smart and cute. I love keeping up with you this way.

Addison

Anonymous said...

I to have a new zest for motherhood. Although some days my zest gets a little tangy with Mia. I think that between Rick and all of his classical music cds and Luke own love of music we may have a future concert pianist on our hands. As for Noah and the Bob the Builder book... anything that makes him happy! Merry Mothering!!

Billie Sue said...

Yahoo! I'm so excited for Luke to actually have piano lessons and to hear he is enjoying them, as I have been worried about him not enjoying his "homework." I am proud that he can play so well already. Those pictures of Noah of course, are so cute! You sound happy and content, Olivia. Good for you!

Brie said...

Noah is getting so big. I miss all of
guys over there. I hope I get to come see you soon. Keep in touch and I will to.

The Richards family said...

Olivia
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog!! I love what you said and it is soo true, I was actually checking my blogg trying to stall changing a poopy bum and when I read your comment I went right in and changed it a little more willingly!! It is a good thing our kids are cute most of the time. Your kids are darling and I think even the pictures in the bag balm, and dirt, and ... are cute. I quess that is a funny thing, depending if we are on the looking or cleaning up side it is cuter!!

Laura said...

How exciting to start piano lessons! I remember how fun it was to be able to learn your first song and be able to play a real song! Good Job Luke!! I can't believe how big the boys are getting!

Noah Rasheta said...

Noah falling asleep to a book...Luke learning piano. What smart little guys! It's exciting that they are always learning and pursuing new things. How fun!

Anonymous said...

You better get him in lessons a few times a week! That way, by the time he's ready to quit (if he's anything like the bratty piano students we all were) he'll at least already be amazing!

What's this I hear about not liking homework? Let me guess...too easy?

Chelsea Johnson said...

Love the new layout, Rick, and I also like the way you have the comments pop up so you can still hear the music. Its a nice touch, although I did it first. And you are getting lots of hits. I had to start mine over today because I revamped mine, so its not very high yet--but I think it will get there eventually.

Vanessa said...

Wow! You're Luke is so smart. I really have to try to not compare my son to him! You have such cute kids!

Kati said...

What cute kids! I love love love the picture of your baby falling asleep with the book! I wish you had a computer at home so you could update more often! I really enjoy your posts!
Kati

Anonymous said...

It is true, Luke is one smart kid. However, I think Noah should get a little credit for his accomplishments. You should put video on your blog of Noah saying his favorite words..."Uncle Al".

Chelsea Johnson said...

You knew you could make me addicted to your blog if you put the spelling bee thing on there--tricky Ricky! Its a little difficult to understand, but I did pretty well! Great addition! Do you work at all, or do I need to start finding you a bloggers anonymous class?