Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

(Mom with Elijah and Evan. You know that she does most of the picture taking when you have to go back almost 3 years to find a picture of HER!)
The first time I rememer knowing my mom's age, she was 35. I was only eight then, and I thought that she was old. I mean, she was my mom. Mom's are old. Now I have an eight year old, and I am a VERY young 33. It's hard for me to believe that my kids could think of me as old, but they probably do. As the years have gone by and I have grown up, gotten married, and had kids, it seems that my mom and I get closer in age. Today she turns 60, and I no longer think she is old. Wise, yes. But, not old. I hope that when I am 60 I continue to live life with as much experience, wisdom, and GUSTO as my mom! Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you and all of your 60 years.

6 comments:

Cassondra said...

Beautiful!!

Billie Sue said...

Well, thank you very much! There are MANY people who know it was my birthday and wished me a happy day, but I was praying they did not know hold old I am! The thing is, you are right...particularly when you work at the high school. I hear students say things like, "She/He was REALLY old...they were about 35!" So, I TRY to keep the actual age on the QT! Each of my sisters (who are all older than me except Bonnie) has said, "We can't believe you are turning 60!" I have tried to go back and look at pictures of my Mom when she was 60 to compare her wrinkles to mine. I must admit--I don't feel any different, but when I look in the mirror, I don't think it is me...it is some older lady! Just wait--your turn is coming in what seems like a few short years...but let me say -- it's not too bad except WHEN YOU SEE IT IN PRINT ON SOMEONE'S BLOG!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! We are truly blessed to have her as our Mom so I'm glad you did a post for her!

Billie Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giselle Rasheta said...

What a cute post for our beautiful mother!! Happy Birthday Mom!

Billie Jo said...

Wow, after deleting my comment I thought I went back in and added it again. Here we go with attempt number three. Our mother is so many things, amazing, talented, caring, hard working, and the list goes on! She should walk around all day wearing a cape with her super mom powers. I only wish that one day I can accomplish as many things as she had by the time I am as young as she is!