Thursday, January 6, 2011

Belated Christmas

Better late then never...right? Well, that is what I have decided about doing a post about Christmas. Better late then never. Christmas was great, but seemed to fly by. I loved staying home with the boys for a week, and Rick was even able to take quite a few days off over the holidays. I sure could get use to that kind of life! Luke crafting his gingerbread house.
Noah adding more (and more!) candy to his house.

Elijah was more interested in eating his house than building it!

Christmas eve dinner program. Luke played a couple of pieces on the piano.
(It sure is nice that the kids do our number for us so Rick and I are off the hook.)

For his part, Elijah lead us in a couple of songs. He LOVES to lead music and does it every FHE and even in church.

Christmas morning. Bright and Early! The boys originally woke up at 2:30 AM! Rick and I heard them taking and walking around, but they never came in to get us. By 4:30 am they were back asking if it was time to open the presents.

Even at 4:30, Elijah was happy to be opening presents.

The number one present on Luke's list...a Jazz Jersey.


More toys and games, just what we needed!

9 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I always love seeing posts from you...even if they are late! Christmas was so wonderful this year, just as it always is! So glad we got to spend time with you guys! Thanks for all you did and do for us. Love ya!

Cassondra said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! I don't know what you mean by late...I will be lucky to get a Christmas post up before February! I still need to take our decor down...haha!! Your boys are so handsome! And just think, by next Christmas you'll have a sweet little girl in those pictures, too.... YAAAAYYY! How fun!
Sorry I missed your call - we were in Idaho! Let's chat soon!

Billie Sue said...

I can't help but be prideful at events like Christmas Eve, when I see the talents of my grandchildren! The boys are all so talented in such different ways. Everything comes easy to Luke and he loves working at it to be even better. Noah has turned in to such a sweetheart. With a just a tiny bit of coaxing, he will participate just as well as anyone else! Eli is such a happy little man and I loved him leading the songs! He actually has pretty decent rhythm! We love having the boys close enough they can come over any time they want. It is Christmas everyday when we receive their vists!

Jadi said...

It looks like it was a fun Christmas!! We loved seeing you guys.

Billie Jo said...

Always a treat to see what the Gunners have been up to. I love Eli and the gingerbread house making! He has a smile no matter if he is leading the music, eating candy, or whatever comes his way. Glad we got to spend the holidays together!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I did, too, because I got to spend it with you. I love all the gifts the boys got, and I absolutely love how talented your kids are. I just need Eli to teach Rajko how to lead!! I always try to convince him that it's fun...

Emily said...

Aw, the magic of Christmas. . .
all the traditions, baking, music, presents. . . Christmas morning with the kids. I love Christmas!

And don't worry. You're not that far behind. I haven't even put away a single Christmas decoration.
Because first I need to find a place for all our new toys. . . ugh!

The Cox Family said...

Hey, at least you have your Christmas post done. I keep trying to work on mine, and always get interrupted! Looks like you guys had a great holiday and next year you will get to shop for all kinds of girl toys!

Stephanie said...

OH. MY. I can't believe you let your kids open gifts at 4:30 in the AM. :) That alone gets you Mother of the YEAR in my book! I always love the pictures of your boys playing the piano. They look so handsome! Oh and the other thing...nothing is good! Isn't it nice to just be busy with everyday life and not have major things to deal with? That in and of itself is a blessing! ♥Hugs!