Thursday, January 27, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing

No, I have not recently gone to see a Shakesphere play, that just pretty much sums up the Gunnerson's life right now. I feel so busy, and everyday ends before I feel like I have accomplished anything, but really nothing is going on. Rick got a promotion at work (kind of my default when his supervising attorney was let go) and has been COMPLETELY swamped for the last month. Last week when EVERYONE in the house was sick and he stayed home from work, he actually had over 100 texts from work asking about things. I laughed and told him that if I stayed home from work no one would even notice! I'm really proud of Rick and how things are going at his firm. He took the job there a year and a half ago when we were trying to secure loans on our house. We didn't really even think it would be the kind of job he likes that much, but he has really done well. He is in court almost everyday, and is now the supervising attorney over litigation. Most importatnly he never brings work or stress home, and is ready to help the minute he steps in the door.

The rest of us are also pretty busy. It seems we are always on the go. Between work, daycare, school, piano lessons, scouts, ballroom, and Jr. Jazz the boys and I are always running somewhere. I SERIOUSLY don't know how I am going to throw a newborn baby into the mix! We leave the house by 8:00 am every morning and dont' walk back through the door until almost 5:00 pm, or later depending on the evenings activities. I was just thinking the other day, what did I do with my time when I was a stay at home mom to just ONE child? Oh yeah, I watched more T.V., took naps with Luke, went for walks, went to the gym, spent WAY more time with my child, and never felt overwhelmed. What a difference 9 years, two more kids, and a job make.

Alright, now I'm sure I should be working on something.....

5 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Ugh! Busy, busy, busy!!!! I don't love my schedule right now either and wish I could go back to the days of having time off and enjoying my days!!! I'm so glad Rick's job is going so well. What a blessing! I'm sure you will handle baby girl with such ease, just like you do everything else! Thanks for your comment and thought on my blog. Love you!

Billie Jo said...

Wow 8:00 am really. I wonder what I am going to do with Baby B when we are gone before 7:00 to piano and violin. Just wait til you throw Noah with a half day of kindergarten in to mess your schedule up even more. This is what we are sent here to do. If it were easy we would not enjoy those precious moments of vacation or even weekends! The boys are getting old enough that they can feed themselves and even the animals. (Still can't get over the apples and the goats!)

Emily said...

yes - I don't know how you do it all either!!!!! I always have thoughts about going back to teaching - and I think I probably will someday - but every time I think it, I am overwhelmed by "Wait. I can't even keep up with my laundry as it is!"
You are amazing - as always. And like always, you'll find a way to juggle it all - even with an extra little baby girl.

Rick's job sounds great. Good for him! I seriously can't wait to see you guys again. . .

love your updates.

Cassondra said...

I am SO happy to read an update on how you guys are doing! Way to go, Rick! It's so awesome how Heavenly Father guides the experiences of our lives for our good! I'm happy that things are going well for you despite your busy schedules!

Thank you for your comments on my blog! I have been wanting to call and chat for a while. I appreciate and miss you so very much! I am getting excited about having a son and it reminds me so often of you preparing to finally welcome a daughter! We are so blessed! I just wish we were closer and could share these experiences in person... :)

McNeil Family said...

Poo, naps? Am I seriously doing something wrong? I rarely got a nap with Evan and now if I'm napping Evan is watching himself. If it makes you feel better I only have two kids, we NEVER leave the house before 10 and I still feel like I never get things done and my days never end until well after midnight. Again, am I doing something wrong? You sound like you are doing perfectly.