Monday, March 30, 2009

Picture this...here

Picture this house...

Right here!

Back of the house

First floor


Second Floor

It's not official yet (Rick still has to meet with the fire department tomorrow), but last Thursday the County Board of Adjustments granted us a variance from the wetland code. By the end of the week we will have our building permit and we can FINALLY get started! The top picture is the drawing of the front of the house. It will look just a little different because we are going to finish it in more of a rustic finish with stucco, rock, and wood beams instead of siding and shutters. The second picture is of the boys riding Lynne two summers ago on our lot (yes, that is the wetlands!!!!!!). Right about behind where they are riding is where the front of the house will be, so that will be the view from our back porch. I LOVE the front and back porches because we love the beauty of the land around us and we will be able to enjoy it from our front and back porches. I love the layout of the floor plan, but am a little nervous to have our bedroom on an entirely different floor than the kids. Also, did you notice that I have my own closet. No more sharing with Rick. If you know the difference between how I keep my closet and how Rick keeps his you will understand how happy I am about that. We have expanded the utility room/laundry room out to meet the front of the garage, and I am so excited about a BIG laundry/back entry.

I know that we are a LONG way from really having this house being a reality, but it feels like the biggest hurdle is behind us. I am so thankful for Rick for all the work he has done to get everything passed with Summit County. We could never have imagined what a headache it would be. I am sure that once it is all finished, it will just be a funny story we tell, but truly it has been such a trial. We are expecting to be in by the Noah's birthday at the end of October, so everyone is invited to stay with us anytime you are up this way!

26 comments:

Gennifer said...

Yay!

Staci said...

That's a really cute house, can't wait to see it up and going... I'm so glad you are finished with all the "politics" that goes along with it... I'm not looking forward to starting this process... WHAT A PAIN!!!

The Richards family said...

I love the layout of your house!! That is a lot like what I picture my house to be like. Wacey and I have always loved the porches on the front and back too!! I am so excited for you guys, you have put a lot into it!!!! Congrats

Stephanie said...

Olivia, it is beautiful. What a wonderful home. I really like the floorplan and how wonderful will it be to FINALLY be working on it....it's a tough road to building it, but at least you will be STARTED!!!! I am so excited that you have completed that hurdle. I have to say, this is the best thing I have heard all day. :)

Kristie said...

I am so excited for you both. That is beautiful house in a beautiful place. We like to vacation up there during the summer. My parents have condo but I will have to plan a night at your place. Congratulations and good luck with the final meeting.

Jadi said...

What a beautiful home!!! I am so happy that things are finally going forward. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Emily said...

Oooooo. . .I can't wait. I love it. I love it.
Congratulations - I'm so glad it looks like everything will go through.

Nate and Janie said...

YAY!!! YIPPEE!! WAHOO!!! I know these words don't begin to describe the happiness for you guys but it's a start! I am so happy for you guys and am so glad that it looks like things will be heading forward! Finally, dang that Summit County!! Congrats!!! YEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I seriously just started crying for joy for you. (The post pregnancy hormones helped a little.)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout of your house, and I think it is BEAUTIFUL and perfect for the lot. I will like it the way you plan to finish it, too...

Oh man, I am so stinkin happy for you guys. And you can tell Rick that I might reconsider. (He thinks that Noah and I will end up buying that house from you guys when you build your final dream home so I can be close to Mom and Dad and take care of them. I told him probably not...but that house is pretty much perfect, so I'll at least consider it! :)

Paula Kent said...

Olivia,
Congratulations!!!!! We miss you guys down here, when you need a break from the stress of building a house come down and visit!

Vanessa said...

Wow. That is beautiful. Can you believe you are going to have your own place? And I would love to visit you! Your property is so pretty! My kids wouldn't know what to do with all the greenery.

McNeil Family said...

I guess Rick and I will be going to Home Depot on Saturday to pick out some new tools.

Billie Jo said...

Best be-lated birthday present EVER and I forgot to tell you on the phone that I found the adidas bag! Yeah two be-lated birthday presents. You will LOVE having your bedroom on a different floor.

The Crystal's said...

CONGRATS!!! Now let the work begin. Way to stick with it get what you want. Your house to be is beautiful.

McNeil Family said...

I;m so excited for you to have your beautiful house on a beautiful piece of property. Lucky you! We can't wait until it's all done. I'm sure you more than us.

Foote Family said...

Congrats!! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful home! Best wishes on the building process!

Cassondra said...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Seriously, I am SO HAPPY for you right now! I don't even have words.

I;m still in CA for another week. I'll call you when I get home! Congratulations! I can't wait to visit! Yay! Yay! Yay for you! October isn't that far away really... :)WoW! yay!

P.S. Super cute house! I can totally see you in it! Great layout! Love the porches! It's awesome! you deserve it!

Whitney said...

Congrats on your house being one step closer to being done. Your floor plane is wonderful, I would love to have that house!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaa for you guys. I am so happy for you.

Matt and Grace said...

Yay! It's quite the house! I would love porches like those!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I thought I had left a comment about booking a stay there as soon as its done, but somehow I don't know where it went! Anyway, its beautiful and I'm so happy that its all finally ready to get started!

Marleen said...

Very beautiful. Can't wait till it's finished and we get an invite to see the real deal. Way to go!

The Cox Family said...

How exciting! You guys deserve it. You have been through so much and I am glad that it is finally starting to all work out!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you to guys! What a beautiful home!

Cassondra said...

I hope you had a Happy Easter! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!

Miss you,
Cassondra

Vicki said...

It looks wonderful. Good luck with everything! Having just gone through a total kitchen remodel, I don't know if I could do a whole house. But the end product is always worth it.

Pays said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited for you! Now you will get to experience the joys of building the house.... but, I don't think it will be to bad considering all the things that you have dealt with to this point!! Fun and Exciting!!!!