Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break St. George Style

How much fun can one mom and three boys have together for one week in St. George? LOTS! We did actually get to have Rick with us for the first couple of days, and he even stuck around on Monday for Luke's birthday, but the rest of the week was just me and the boys. We spent our time riding bikes, playing in the sand, flying kites, going to the park, bowling, seeing Monsters vs. Aliens, visiting with Chelsea and Jack, skinning our knees and elbows at Jumping Jacks, watching movies, reading books, and just enjoying each other. It was really nice to have no time commitments, responsibilities, homework, or bedtimes! Ah, but all good things must come to an end. At least spring has come to Woodland, and we have started working on the house I will have Thanksgiving dinner in.

Luke celebrated his 7th birthday on the 6th of April. He choose to go to Jumping Jack's and play for a few hours and enjoy lunch at IHOP.

My happy handsome little boy enjoying a warm day at the park.

On one especially windy day we found a kite in the closet at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They think of everything! The boys loved getting it up in the sky as high as they could. Of course I ended up getting it out of the sage brush and winding up the string.

Luke has a love/hate relationship with bowling. He loves to bowl, but hates to loose to his little brother. Even though Noah can barely get the ball down the lane, he still manages to knock more pins over than Luke EVERY TIME. So, no big surprise that Luke ended up crying and pouting when the game was over and he lost to Noah and Jack/Chelsea.

Oh, I could just kiss those boys to death!
At the park they found a little stream and spent more time wading in the water than playing. Good thing we have LOTS of water on our building lot. I am sure we can dig a little stream of our own.

11 comments:

Celeste said...

Your boys are very handsome! I'm glad you had a fun-filled Spring Break :) Also, your property and house-to-be look amazing. I hope it's smooth sailing from here - what a pain!

Stephanie said...

Yeah! The work has started I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see pictures along the way!. (Hint, Hint!)

BTW- I don't know how in depth you plan on being with the house, but one thing that my dad learned is to read all of the invoices before you have the bank cut the checks to the sub-contractors or the contractor...He found things on there like ladders, tool belts, beef jerky, etc. (it's the contractor's job to provide tools to build the house, not yours!!!) Basically if it's not going to be nailed down to your house you shouldn't be paying for it!

It looks like you had a great spring Break. Happy birthday to Luke- Can you believe they are that old? I'm having a hard time! ☺

McNeil Family said...

I love that last picture of those little boys. They are so cute. Seeing that picture makes me want you to have 6 more boys!!! (And me too.) Someday you will look at that picture and wonder where all the time went. I'm so glad you got to have so much fun over Spring Break. Those boys have the best mom ever to do all that fun stuff for them. I'm sure someday they will realize how much work it was and what a great mom they had. You really are quite the model mommy.... I need to take a lesson!

Cassondra said...

Olivia!! I am so mad that you were in ST. George over spring break - I could have driven up to spend a day with you! Sorry. That's way lame. I'm glad you had such a nice time with the boys, though. I agree that simple, no demands time with the kids is the best! I can't believe Luke is 7 ! For real? I remember when he was 3!! And Noah looks so much older; not such a toddler any more - more of a little boy! I almost didn't recognize him in the kite picture! All of your boys are so cute! Great picture of the 3 together and super cute one of Eli by the tree! Thanks for the update! I love to peak in and see how you're doing!

Chelsea Johnson said...

We were sooo happy you guys spent your break here and we got to see you so much! I love those boys and love how much they love their mommy! I wish my little boy was the same!

It was great participating in all those fun activities, even skinning our elbows and knees!

Emily said...

Oh Fun! I love that last picture of the boys - what cute brothers!

I'm so excited to see you all this summer! (and your soon-to-be house!)

Billie Sue said...

I think I can make a very bold statement and it is very reliable -- THESE ARE SOME VERY CUTE, NICE, LOVING LITTLE BOYS! They do love their mother, even if they pout and are not too happy sometimes, because when I try to sneak them something without their mother knowing--they always go straight and ask her if it is good for their body or tell her that "Grandma gave it to me..." I've never seen Eli unhappy, unless he was sick. He always smiles! Noah is one of the most ambitious little boys ever! He is not afraid of work and is always there to help Grandpa. Luke is competitive and studious--and handsome (and the girls love him!). What great little grandsons for a Grandma!

The Cox Family said...

There is not a better place to spend your Spring break than St. George! Love all of the cute pictures and I am glad that you guys has such a great time!

Billie Jo said...

Ok strange, I thought I left a comment. We loved Spring Break and the few days we spent with you guys were so much fun. I can't say that I have loved the weather here so much this spring but if I had in-laws with a house in St. George, I could REALLY enjoy spring! I can't believe Luke it SO OLD! I love that kid!

Anonymous said...

They are cute boys alright, I love to see them playing out side and with Grandpa, they are so cute. You are a darling Mom, and a good one as well. Whjat fun to finally get your house going. I too can share your greif with planning and building. They are way to over board. Honestly I'm so glad Eric is out of there and he is too. I thought he might end up punching Alison W. in one of our begging sessions with her. But we too are done with it, one more hurdle with the Fudge Company and we are set to go. Enough, Cute Boys, Great Mom and Dad and Beautiful Home.
Aunt Dixie

Foote Family said...

Your Eli is getting so big! It looks like you had a great time down south for spring break. My parents and Duane's Dad were here during spring break for Ryan's baptism.

It does seem like yesterday that we were roommates! Has it really been 12 years?!