Friday, November 21, 2008

Yum Yum!

Five months old and ready for rice cereal, what a big boy. Just like most things in life, I approached this milestone with excitement and a little sadness. I love how big and full of personality Elijah is becoming with each passing day; but slowly he is leaving his baby days behind and becoming a little boy. I see friends who's children are all in school and they finally have some time to themselves and I think "Oh, I can't wait!" Then there are the days I can't even count the number of kisses I have given my chubby little guy and want those days to last forever. I guess that change is inevitable, so I am truly trying to enjoy each moment as it comes.

Elijah did his best to spit out everything I put in his mouth; but I think I did manage to get at least a spoon full or two to go down. He has gotten better over the course of the week, and I think by Thanksgiving he may be ready for some sweet potatoes. What more could you be thankful for?

9 comments:

The Richards family said...

Sweet potatoes is a great thing to be gearing up for!!! I always looked forward to time to start the rice cereal, But that does mean they are growing up!!

Billie Sue said...

It's all true! He is getting so big--big enough in fact to cry if he sees you and you don't pick him up out of the excersaucer and big enough to cry if his mother walks in the room and he wants fed and better yet, big enough to really scream--not even baby cry--if his mother doesn't feed him the44 minute he wants to be fed. The best was when he was sitting on his Dad's lap and reached out for the spoon, which was loaded with chicken/taco soup, which then was in his Dad's lap. But, the very best part was when he put his hands in his mouth immediately after having the soup spilled on them and then laughed at the taste on his hands! Yes--he is a doll!

Giselle Rasheta said...

What a big little guy! It seems like growing up is the most fun and hardest part of having babies, and I'm sure I'll have those same hard times. I love that boy, and I can't wait to see him and all of you!

Cassondra said...

Wow! Five months already! I can't believe it either! I seems like just yesterday when you told me you were pregnant. I can't believe how time flies! He sure is cute! Congrats on his milestone! Thanks for the new post!
Love you,
Cassondra

Marleen said...

That is really sweet. He is growing so fast. It is true that us mothers will miss those times our children were kids.

Kristie said...

Elijah is so cute I am glad that we got to see him and the rest of your family last week. It is so sad that these babies grow up so quickly.

Billie Jo said...

I love that little guy more and more. I think that soon he will be ready for more than just a one hour stay with his Auntie. I can't guarantee what he may or may not eat while in my care.

The Cox Family said...

It is amazing how each milestone arrives so quickly. I am sure that he will be ready for sweet potatoes in no time!

Stephanie said...

Can you believe he's eating already? pretty soon he'll be crawling and walking, and talking...man this first year sure does fly by doesn't it?