Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged a couple of days ago, and I have been racking my brain for 6 things that are actually interesting about me! This is what I came up with.

1. I love to read (that isn't very interesting is it). I like to read just about any kind of book, but especially if it includes a love story. Some of my favorites include The Work and the Glory, anything by Jane Austen, Harry Potter, and Sweet Valley High (well at least they were my favorites in middle school).

2. I have control issues (according to Rick, but accepted and acknowledged by me). I think that they way I do things is the best way, and I want everyone to do it the same way. I have definite ideas of what I like, and I don't really want it any other way. For example, I have a right way of doing the dishes and a wrong way, and when other people mess up my process I don't like it one little bit!!!!!!

3. I hate cleaning bathrooms (but who doesn't?). I have an agreement with Rick that I will clean the rest of the entire house as long as he does the bathrooms.

4. I totally have middle child syndrome (poor poor pitty me).

5. I don't have a very good memory (I think). I never knew this was a problem until I get together with my siblings and they start talking about things that happened when we were kids and I find myself saying, "Was I even there?"

6. I am a very emotional person. I am known for crying at three legged dogs and T.V. commercials. Just last week I was telling my dad (with tears rolling down my cheeks) that I could almost talk myself into being a vegetarian because when the boys took the calves to the sale, the mom cows mooed and mooed in distress at their babies being taken away. It was so sad! (I am actually crying right now as I remember it! Seriously I am !!!!!)

7 comments:

Kourtney said...

Your poor, little emotional girl! It is so sad about the little calvies! But just think of how yummy hamburgers and steak are!!!!

I think its okay to have control issues!

Robbin said...

Nice! You could have been talking about me with your 6 items. Except for the cow thing. When our calves got shipped out I was happy. Now if we could get rid of the moms. Cows are a touchy subject around our house these days. I'll be singing a different tune when we actually start making money off them. Anyway, I like to read but I just never get the opportunity, I have the worst memory, I am a middle child, bathrooms, EW, and I think all moms have control issues. I would rather Greg not help most times than do something the wrong way. Especially laundry! Were we separated at birth or something?

Cassondra said...

I had to laugh. Reading about you just made me miss you even more. I think you're wonderful!

I cry at everything, too. I make quite the entertainment for Jake with all my crying up at the dumbest stuff that doesn't even involve me (ex.commercials, too).

Marleen said...

I actually like to be the one to clean the bathrooms. I myself have trust issues and won't let anyone else do it. There is some sort of comfort and confidence in a nicely cleaned bathroom.

McNeil Family said...

I love this post Olivia because it is so you and it highlights some of the reasons we love you so much!

Billie Sue said...

This sounds like you to a tee--but might I suggest that if you let up on your control issues, you could be a bit happier because then you wouldn't have so many details to worry about!!!

Foote Family said...

I love your negotiating on the cleaning. I don't think Duane's ever clean the bathroom, even after almost 11 years of marriage. One of these days I'm going to get him to do it. He is good at vacuuming.