Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Wow, where does time go? My little black haired baby just turned 3 years old. Instead of having a big birthday party for him, we celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese's on Friday night. So for his actual birthday on Monday we just had a little get together with our favorite "girls", and even Grandpa Bisel, to open presents and eat cake. Noah got more truck, diggers and tools then a little boy could ever need, and he was in 7th heaven! Thanks to everyone for celebrating with us.

Noah was so gracious when opening presents and kept saying, "Oh, my favorite!"

All decked out in his light-up Halloween shirt and shop safety goggles (Norm Abram would be so proud.)
I made a little pumpkin cake for my fall birthday boy. The recipe was a knock-off of the Nothing Bundt Cake chocolate chocolate chip cake, and it was DELICIOUS!

Warning!
Do NOT keep reading if you are squeamish or think bodily fluids are not appropriate to blog about.

I made Noah's favorite dinner special for his birthday; meatballs, rice, and green beans. Even though he is a picky eater, he would eat a can of green beans if you let him. At dinner he insisted on having Rick's big plate and loaded it up with meatballs and green beans. He just went to town on his food and was really "hoarking it down". We were just letting him eat as much as he wanted, because some night we can't even get him to take one bite of food! After consuming large amounts of his special dinner he looked at me and said, "Mom, my tummy hurts." I suggested he stop eating and Rick had him take a drink of milk. One swallow into the milk he started to gag... I quickly grabbed the lid to a pan and slipped it under his face just as he lost his "special" birthday dinner. It just goes to show that sometimes you really can have too much of a good thing.

"Mom, my tummy hurts."

The result of eating 3 huge meatballs, rice, and forkful after forkful of green beans.

14 comments:

Cassondra said...

Wow! First comment! It's a miracle! happy Birthday, Noah!

Cassondra said...

P.S. Way cute pumpkin cake, Olivia! You are so creative! Also, the warning made me laugh. The story wasn't that bad... the picture...that was a surprise! Yuck! On the other hand, what better way to document the birthday experience, right?

I am SOOO looking forward to seeing you soon! I miss you here!

Robbin said...

Whoa! This is the first time I've seen pictures of vomit on someones blog (or ever for that matter) I sure hope he felt better after "hoarking it down" and chucking it back it up. Happy birthday Noah!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Gross. I guess I shouldn't complain since there was a disclaimer! Happy happy birthday to Noah. Poor little cutie. I love the super nerdy shop goggles!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! That's too bad it ended in a heap on the table! Glad he loved all the presents and was so gracious. I am so mad that I left his home! Thanks for playing with us today!

Stephanie said...

You are seriously one of the funniest moms I've ever met, I've never thought of taking a picture of my kids' puke, but I just might after this post...WAY TOO FUNNY.

I can't believe he is already three?! where did dime go?

Billie Jo said...

He was still so happy and cute on his birthday despite the overeating. I love how he wanted to stop and play with each item after he opened it!

McNeil Family said...

Wearing your safety glasses is the number one rule of shop safety. Where did you get those safety glasses? We are looking to buy full body safety armor for Evan when he moves up with his boy cousins.

Nate and Janie said...

That's so sad...I feel so bad for him. But what a cute little guy and he's so smiley! Happy happy birthday Noah!!!

McNeil Family said...

What is it with your kids and throwing up at the dinner table? I have to say I have been lucky enough to see this in person. Happy Birthday Noah!! Oh and I loved the dogsitting post.. just haven't commented yet!

Foote Family said...

Poor little Noah! I hope the night ended well anyway. Funny thing, I have a picture of a birthday where my mom made me a pumpkin cake just like the one you did.

Matt and Grace said...

Happy Birthday! Your boys are always so polite! I miss being Luke's Primary teacher. He was so much fun.

Billie Sue said...

Oh my! I missed out on the dinner part, only got to join you in time for the gifts and modeling of the glasses. What a sweetheart of a boy -- I even sneaked in a kiss without too much objection!

Emily said...

Oh yeah! That's the way to party Noah! (gross) Happy Birthday bud!

I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. the goggles picture.