Thursday, September 18, 2008

Milestones and Memories

Today my little baby is 3 months old. What a 3 months it has been. I know that I say it on almost every post, but he is just the sweetest most content little guy. I am so blessed to have him as my child. I don't know how I would handle three kids if he wasn't so easy. I love that at 3 months he is more awake and alert. He LOVES to talk to anyone who will pay attention to him. He loves me to bounce him on the bed and tickle his tummy and toes. He laughs so much that he always gets the hic-ups! I totally love this sweet boy.

Also today we are missing our Grandma Mortensen. She passed away on Tuesday after a long and wonderful life. I have known Grandma for the last 11 years since I started dating Rick, and there hasn't been a time that she was not totally pleasant and happy. She was one of the sweetest little ladies I have ever met. Always upbeat, always positive, and always thinking the best of everyone. Her husband died when she was just a young mother of 3 daughters, and she has never remarried. I can only image the sweet reunion she had with the husband of her youth. Thanks for the wonderful memories, Grandma. We love you always.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Olivia, I am sorry. Grandparents are treasures and you always wish you could have them around forever.

I love your comments about Eli, I have absolutely loved and enjoyed this third baby so much. It's about a million and a half times harder, but so much easier and enjoyable all at the same time.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sorry about your grandma, she does sound like a wonderful lady. I love that little boy! I'm so happy he's such a good boy for you, maybe it will make you want to have many many more! The little froggie ensemble is adorable!

Billie Sue said...

I will attest to the sweetness of this little boy. He loves to laugh and coo and talk to me. He is always happy,but how difficult of a life is it when you just eat every time you stick your bottom lip out and then your Mom kisses and kisses on you every few seconds. He has a pretty happy life! He really is naturally sweet and good-natured, however. He loves the kids to talk to him. I am happy for Rick's Grandma--for it has been so very, very long since she has seen her eternal love, but I do know first-hand how very much you will all miss her and her positive outlook.

Cassondra said...

Olivia,
I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I bet you're glad you were able to be around her more these past couple months before her passing. I think it is so touching to think of the experience from her perspective, as you did. I felt so happy for her when you mentioned her reunion with her husband - she's probably long awaited for that.

Eli is another gorgeous addition to your handsome flock of boys. What a cute picture of him! 3 months already?!? It makes me sad that I haven't seen you in all that time. I'll look forward to November!

Sincerely,
Cassondra

PS. I was so happy to see another post so soon! Thanks for making my day!

Billie Jo said...

Oh little Eli the sweetest boy on earth. He is adorable and perfect. I love to be around him and smell this little baby skin. It is great to know what is in store for us when we leave this life. This just reminds us of what it big picture is! Thanks for the update!

Kristie said...

I am so happy you have a charmed #3 as well. Do you think they might trick us into having more??

Jadi said...

I think every mother deserves a good baby! I am glad he has turned out to be so sweet. I am so sad I can't attend Grandma's funeral. So far this has been the biggest downfall to living so far away.

Giselle Rasheta said...

What a sweet post...I believe I met this Granddma once, and she was an awesome lady to sit and talk to. That boy of yours is so cute...I cannot wait two more weeks to see him!

Marleen said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I'm sure she is looking after her sweet family including your sweet adorable children. I love family.

Foote Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Keep posting pictures of your littlest one and I'll start warming up faster to the idea of number four:)