Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Rick!

Let me begin by apologizing for the picture. I really wanted to find a good picture of just my darling hubby, but not having my own computer with all of our past pictures made that impossible. I did pull out the camera to take some pictures of his birthday party tonight, but the battery was dead! So while it may seem a little self-indulgent, for Rick's birthday post you get us both!

Happy 33rd birthday to my wonderful husband! I wish I could've done more for him than dinner, cake, and presents. He deserves much more. Rick is such a good match for me. I think that he perfectly complements me and helps me be a better person. Sometimes I think that it would've been helpful to marry someone that was not equal to me in stubbornness and argumentativeness, but I really don't know that anyone else would put up with me if they didn't have some of the same tendencies. Rick is such a great dad to the boys, and someday when we have a girl I know she will have her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I love that when he gets home from work every evening the boys want to spend their time with him and he it totally willing to accommodate them. Without getting too gushy, I am thankful that he is mine and that I get to be with him today and everyday. Happy birthday!

11 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Rico! I like all the wonderful things you said about Rick, and I agree with all of them. You two are a very good, albeit stubborn, match. We love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope Rick had a great birthday! Geoff kept saying he was going to call him. I just asked him if he did and he said he forgot! Please let him know we were thinking of him all day! I also agree that you guys make a great couple.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rick, from the Kelseys! Olivia, I don't know any guy who like to have his picture taken alone so it's not surprising that you couldn't find one. Besides, you look beautiful so it only added to have a picture of you two together. :)
Cassondra

James and Bethany said...

That is a cute picture of you guys! I love it. I am glad you couldn't find one of Rick by himself. Happy Birthday Rick!!

tsmith said...

man Rick from the picture it looks like 33 has realy taken its toll.

Billie Jo said...

Where is the picture of Rico in his Nacho Libre tights? I thought we might get our own birthday suprise. Rick is a great dad and he does do well with the girls. BTW-excellent dinner!

The Cox Family said...

Just wanted to wish you a belated happy birthday. I hope you had a great day!

briggsbunch said...

Happy Birthday RIck! Cute picture of you guys!

Marleen said...

Happy birthday Rick. You have been so good to our family. We miss calling on your help for everything and Spencer has yet to finish a changing table. Hope your day was great.

Nate and Janie said...

We hope you had a great birthday Rick! And by the way, thanks Rick, Olivia, Luke, and Noah for visiting us in the hospital! It was a nice surprise to see you guys come in our room especially after an early/long day of moving! We appreciate the visit! Thanks again!

Billie Sue said...

Rick - Happy Birthday! You know I love you, because I stick up for you every time Olivia starts on you! You are a great Dad and husband and I am so thankful to have you in our family!