Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gunnerson Christmas at the Cabin


Our Postcard Cabin Christmas.


Noah loves the snow.

Luke takes a rest from all that playing.

Rick and the boys going down the sledding hill.
(Noah is in front, then Luke)

Noah and Luke "loved" the ride.

Wow, what a way to start our Christmas vacation. We drove all Friday morning and afternoon to get up the canyon before dark. We hiked in that afternoon and stayed that night and most of the next day. We had a great time eating good food (thanks Joan), playing in the snow, using the out-house (not really), opening presents, and just being together. On Saturday we spent the afternoon playing in the snow. The boys really loved it until Rick took them down the sledding hill. I took them down first, and I sat in the front so I would be the one getting the fresh powder in the face. When Rick took the down, poor Noah was in the front followed by Luke. With such deep powder, the boys were literally buried in the snow by the end of the run. I heard Luke screaming "Get us out of here", and Noah was just plain screaming. That was the end of the snow play for us. I took them both in and warmed them with hot cider and a warm fire. We had a great weekend and really enjoyed being with family. Thanks Lee and Joan for putting it all together for us. We appreciated all the hard work!

11 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Ah, the snow in the face trick! I do love sledding, but that is the worst. It looks like so much fun up there--glad you had such a wonderful time. I can't wait till we all live by each other, someday, and all the kids can play in the snow together!

Jadi said...

It looks like we missed out on a lot of fun! Our kids are really missing the snow. We had so much in Wyoming and now we have none. However we should get some again next winter in DC and hopefully we will be able to come home for Christmas next year. Thanks for posting the cute pictures.

Billie Sue said...

It is the picture-perfect Christmas! The cabin looks like just what it is -- warm, inviting and cozy! I'm so glad you got to go. Thank you for coming and making Christmas such a wonderful time for us. The boys are the best and we love you all so much!

Staci said...

Those Vegas kids are not used to all the snow in the face... Next time you need to ease them into the cold a little better.... Looks Like they had a fun time and that picture of the cabin looks amazing... That should really be a Christmas Card...

McNeil Family said...

Please tell Luke and Noah NOT to pull their hats down over their face to prevent snow in the face. They will not see the car bumper coming and SMACK!!!!! Lights out. Please bring my boys back to Vegas so I can see them. I loved every time I would walk into mom's house over Christmas hearing Noah say "Hi Uncle Al".

McNeil Family said...

Please tell Luke and Noah NOT to pull their hats down over their face to prevent snow in the face. They will not see the car bumper coming and SMACK!!!!! Lights out. Please bring my boys back to Vegas so I can see them. I loved every time I would walk into mom's house over Christmas hearing Noah say "Hi Uncle Al".

The Cox Family said...

Those pictures are so fun! I am glad the boys were able to spend sometime in the snow, even though it was so cold. I also love the picture of the cabin. It looks so incredible. I am happy you guys had such a wonderful Christmas!

Billie Jo said...

Ah the winter adventures in Utah! We have loved having you guys here and hope that you will return REALLY soon to have more winter adventures!!!

Marleen said...

Sounds fun! The cabin looks great. Have to admit though whenever we go I hate going to the bathroom in the outhouse. I don't ever miss that.

Haylee said...

Great pictures! That was a fun weekend!

Vicki said...

I'm glad your family was able to get up there. We have happy memories of two Christmases at the cabin - what fun! Aunt Vicki