Monday, December 17, 2007

Piano Recital

This last weekend Luke had his first piano recital. He did an awesome job, and we were so proud of him. He opened and closed the recital, being the first and last to play. His first few numbers were his "classical" numbers and then ended with his Christmas number. He played great and did not even balk at the idea of playing for a group of people. (that McNeil performing gene is coming through). Although afterward he did say he was a little nervous, but as soon as he started playing he was confident and able to finish. We took video of the event and were going to post it, but were unable to locate the cable to transfer the video to the computer, so you may see it later. This is Luke waiting to play.
Playing his first "classical" piece.
Playing his memorized Christmas song.
After each of the kids were done playing they were instructed to either bow or curtsy, unfortunately, Luke was unaware of which direction he should bow. So at the conclusion of his playing he took a bow backwards.
This is what Noah and I did during most of the recital. surprise, surprise.

7 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Ah, Beethoven in the making! I love that he bowed the wrong way. Olivia also told me that he can add in his own body-hand accompaniment to some of the songs. Not really surprised! I never know who is posting--Rick or Olivia?

Staci said...

Oh my goodness... Your boys play the piano??? I am raising my daughter to crush on the Gunnerson boys!!! They are so cute and Luke looks so big!!!

Marleen said...

Wow! It sounds like he did great. He even sat The right way to play and everything. Bravo! Encore at your place.

The Richards family said...

so cute!! I wish you were closer so we could see them in person, But I hope we see you at Christmas!!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

That's so cute...he looks way too little to be sitting playing the piano. He's going to be so good, I just know it... Oh, and I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of him bowing backward!! Ha, ha.

Billie Jo said...

Just wait till we get him dancing and playing the piano at the same time. I think he will have to teach Ellie a thing or two with her Christmas present!!! By the way we could work on the bow at the studio! I wish I could have been there!!!

Jadi said...

Luke looks sit cute sitting at the piano. I loved the backwards bow.