Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tagged

Well, since Chelsea technically tagged everyone (even all you other spouses who look at blogs but rarely post or comment), and since Olivia has specifically told me I have to do it, I'll be a good husband and put up my answers.

Jobs I've had: (1) Grandpa Gunnerson’s yard cleaner (earned $.01 for every black walnut picked up); (2) Paperboy for D News and SL Trib. (getting up at 5:00 a.m. to fold and deliver papers on my bike caused me to rethink my choice to deliver the D News, so started with SL Trib.); (3) Entrepreneur – mowing neighborhood lawns, and babysitting ward member’s kids; (4) Janitor for elementary school (till I was fired for goofing around too much – I guess inviting friends over to play football down the halls, almost knocking over the large fish tank, throwing snowballs at passersby from the roof, and raiding the kitchen-ladies’ fridge wasn’t what they wanted in a janitor); (5) Waiter – Frontier Pies (only got this job because my girlfriend worked there as well, in fact she was my boss – and that’s the last time I’ll waiter in an old persons restaurant, never got more than a 3 dollar tip – of course, maybe that was just my magnetic personality); (6) Ranch hand – summer between high school and mission, up in Star Valley Wyoming – Afton (best summer ever); (7) Concrete Laborer – Layton Construction; (8) Car salesman – Ken Garff Ford (after coming home from my mission I was delusional enough to think I could sell anything – only lasted 2 months); (9) Capitol Glass – (as glass worker, accountant, and salesman – my personal experience with conditions similar to “The Office”); (10) Ice Cream Distributor Truck Loader – (a side job while working at Capitol Glass that I did for the summer after Olivia and I got married. With all the damaged ice cream we accidentally dropped our freezer was completely full – that was a good job); (11) Judicial Clerk for District Court Judge in Third District Court; (12) Law Clerk for Summit County Attorney’s office; (13) Law Clerk – Witt, Morley Anderson; and (14) Associate Attorney – Goodsell & Olsen.

Places I love to go for a weekend: Anywhere if I can go golfing. Maybe that’s why its been 5 ½ years since Olivia and I’ve been alone on vacation. Better work on that.

Guilty pleasures: I usually don’t feel guilty for doing things, unless I’ve got Olivia there telling me I’ll have to run 10 miles to work off that piece of cake. Others, in no particular order, are working in the wood shop, golfing with anyone, but especially Max when he does his famous back-nine collapse, and fishing with Tim. Hopefully, both my boys will enjoy the same things so I won’t feel guilty about leaving them with Olivia.

Places I have lived (in chronological order): Sandy, Indiana, South Jordan, South Salt Lake, Lelystad, Den Bosch, Rotterdam, Den Helder, Leiden, Den Haag, Groningen, Amsterdam, Layton, Murray, Woodland, Tulsa, back to Woodland, and Las Vegas.

First thing I thought when I saw Olivia: I was trying not to think of her, as I was trying to focus on being a gentleman with my date; however, after hours of Olivia’s flirting I couldn’t help but succumb to her beauty. (sorry Joni). And I don’t think Olivia had to do much finagling, Billie Sue, as the conversation between Dan and myself on the way home from the date was whether he would mind if we could switch dates next time, which awkwardly enough is what happened a few weekends later. (again, sorry Joni).

Places I've been on vacation: California (San Diego – loved visiting Spencer and family, Disneyland, Tijuana, Northern California as well), the Uintah Mountains frequently on camping trips, Yellowstone, Seattle, Phoenix, Ohio (Kings Island), Nauvoo, Vancouver, Chicago, Denver, Hawaii, Lava Hot Springs (fortunately – what a great place), Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Hong Kong, Rosarito Mexico.

Favorite Food: Olivia’s chicken pot pie, homemade Root Beer.

If I am in a jam with Olivia: I just apologize immediately and then spend the next two hours explaining to Olivia how the apology was sincere.

Best first kiss landmark: Not sure which to answer, the best or the first. Best was certainly just after our wedding ceremony when I knew this was the person I was going to spend eternity with. First, was as Olivia explained it, after the derby and linked to drinking, swearing and screaming fans, a little bit of a contrast.

Places I'd rather be: Anywhere, since I’m at work right now.

9 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I love your answers Ricky! The best kiss answer was the most sincere and nicest thing I've ever heard you say!

Billie Sue said...

Good job answering the tag! I hope the rest of the "men" will follow suit. Truthful answers -- enjoyed reading them.

The Richards family said...

I am glad you get in on the blogging thing Rick!! I loved to read you answears to you Tag questions. Your Awsome!!

Brett and Heather said...

Who knew there are other people out there that know where Lave Hot Springs is!!! I used to go there as a teenager.

Anonymous said...

What a guy!

Giselle Rasheta said...

How nice, Rick...that's awesome that you have issued the challenge to the rest of the spouses to get on it. May I continue the challenge by tagging everyone else in the family who hasn't done it? (This includes those of you who don't have a blog - GET ONE!)

I agree with Chelsea, the best kiss answer was perfect!

Anonymous said...

Rick-
I'm glad that you don't enjoy doing anything with me or Noah as we were just discussing that you are our least favorite brother-in-law.

Anonymous said...

Rick, your answers were so un-Rick like. I'm so impressed. Oh, Allen just reminded me that you only mentioned Max and Tim, not him, so false alarm, and I take that back.

Kati said...

You have a lot of jobs. I have always adored Olivia. She is such a great person. So....any guy she chose, must be pretty great too. I love Lava Hot Springs. We go there quite often. I don't think I want my husband to do the tag thing. His answers would be way too much for people to know about....