Saturday, October 6, 2007

A day in the life. . .

So, everyone wants me to post more often on my blog. I wish I could too. Two things often stop me. First, I don't have the internet at home, so I only post on the weekends. Second, my life just isn't that exciting! To give you a taste of what you would get if I posted everyday, I decided to do a "day in the life of mom and boys". Hope you enjoy.

3:30 a.m. My super mom ears hear Noah whimper and I get out of bed to put his blanket on him and rub his back.

3:41 a.m. Super mom ears again. This time I nudge Rick and make him go.

6:21 a.m. Noah is awake for the day. Yeah, he has slept in 10 minutes long today. I am so tired from my interrupted night that I am glad it is Rick's turn to take Noah in the jogger this morning. (We trade off mornings that we get up and take Noah while we run or walk; guess who does it most of the time!)

7:15 a.m. Rick and Noah are back from their morning jog and it's Noah 1st trip to the potty today. Yeah! He is successful with both #1 and #2. What a smartie.

7:30 a.m. I get breakfast for Luke and Noah (pop tarts, banana, and milk) while put yesterday's dishes away, do dishes, and sweep the floor. Most of the time I really hate that my boys wake up so early, but it does help to be up and moving early so I can get things done in the morning.

8:20 a.m. One more trip to the potty before leaving home. More poop. I guess he didn't really empty out last time.

8:33 a.m. The boys and I are in the car furiously driving to the gym for my yoga class. We left a little late so now I am very impatient with traffic and those darn red lights.

9:00 a.m. Yoga Pump class at the gym. I am actually subbing at this gym today, but have a great class and we are headed back home by 10:10 a.m.

10:30 - 12:00 We are finally at home for a few hours and can spend time watching cartoons, reading books, another trip to the potty (just toots this time, but still a good try), and generally making a mess.

12:00 p.m. Lunch! The boys have melted cheese sandwiches and apples, I have candy.

12:23 p.m. Out the door for school. Luke is upset because if we don't leave right at 12:20 he isn't the first of his friends to get to school!

12:40 pm. Yes, another trip to the potty before nap time. Man, I forgot how time consuming this potty training thing is!

1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Me time! This is usually my time of the day when Luke is at school and Noah is having his nap so I can just do ME stuff. Today, I am making pumpkin soup and beef stew in a pumpkin for a girls night with some friends. I like cooking, so it is still "me time" but now I have a big mess to clean up. Also, Noah woke up 20 minutes early. Doesn't he know it's "me time"?

3:00 p.m. Back out the door to get Luke from school. It takes about 7 minutes each way to walk to the school and I am glad for the exercise added into my day.

3:30 p.m. Another trip to the potty and still more poop and pee. Noah either really is catching on, or really loves flushing the toilet, making bubbles in the sink, and getting candy. I am worried that he is going to get baby hemorrhoids from pushing so hard.

3:55 p.m Rushing out the door to get to piano lessons on time. I should really work on leaving 5 minutes early so I am not always in a rush! I think it would make my life less stressful.

4:05 -4:25 p.m. Noah and I make a very quick trip to the grocery store to get a couple of things while Luke is at piano lessons. Noah is helping me get a pumpkin for my beef stew.


4:30 p.m. We pick Luke up from piano lessons and hear what an amazing student he is. Really, his teacher is so excited to have him because she thinks he is very smart, talented, and has amazing potential. Of course, I am so proud of him.


5:00 p.m. The boys and I make some fun halloween sugar cookies for our family home evening treat. We made bats, jack-o-lanterns, and ghosts. I don't know why I ever bake the cookies because I really only like the dough. (I am sure there is another trip to the potty sometime between now and dinner, but seriously I can't keep track of it all!)

6:00 p.m. Yeah, daddy is finally home. They boys love when daddy gets home and they have someone else to play with. Rick is a GREAT dad to the boys and they totally love him.

6:10 p.m. Dinner of chicken and broccoli alfredo. Thank-you freezer group. Of course Luke only likes the noodles and Noah only likes the broccoli. At least they both eat something without having a MAJOR meltdown. Noah said the blessing for the first time tonight. Rick was helping, but the only thing Noah would say was Jeez. We think that he was saying Jesus, but it did sound remarkably similar to jeez (with a lowercase j) which is Noah's word for cheese.

7:00 p.m. With dinner cleaned up we can get to family home evening. Rick conducted, Noah led the music, Luke did the lesson (reading a scripture story about John the Baptist), and I provided the treats.

7:30 p.m. Tub time. I am so lucky because Rick has always done the bed time bath for our boys. I get a little rest before getting them into bed.

Noah gets one last time on the potty before the tub. That makes about 6 potty trips today, and he has done a little business almost every time!

8:00 p.m. Bedtime. We are blessed that both of our boys have a great bedtime routine. We read a story, sing a song, and put them into bed. I think that if I had to have a fight about bedtime I would not be happy after a long and tiring day.

8:30 p.m. With both boys in bed, Rick and I get to do what we love to do together... watch Dancing With The Stars! I like Sabrina and Helio. Of course they are the best. I just wish that Sabrina was a little thinner. She looks as bad in her dress and Marie Osmond!

10:30 p.m. Finally, time for bed myself. It has been a long, busy, but fun day. I only have 8 hours before it starts again!

12 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Good post, Olivia! Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We are proud of Noah and the potty business. True, it is Mom potty trained in the beginning--but that is how life works as well--by example and leading the way! Luke is, of course, a brain child and just a little competitive. Your day sounds fun and pretty normal for a Mom. Because I am your Mom, I am going to say you are such a super mom and go the extra mile for your family. I have always told Dad that we have just great son-in-laws, who help so much at home and take a huge load of responsibility with the children. Thanks guys! Now- to "Dancin.." I love Helio, but do not like Sabrina. She is way too hard for me to watch. I know, her footwork is precise and she is bubblie, but she's not smooth and easy for me to watch--she is hard and yes--she could be Marie Osmand and my twin with her body!

Chelsea Johnson said...

It sounds exhausting--I guess I won't complain about going overdue-since right now I only have to worry about myself and Max! You are such a wonderful mom and do so many fun things with the boys! Thanks for coming to visit us and cheer us up!

Billie Sue said...

Oh yeah...I wondere why the guitar is in the bathroom???? Just wondering!

The Gunnerson Family said...

It does look strange to have a guitar in the bathroom, but it has an simple explanation. Rick plays the guitar to the boys at night when he has them in the tub. I wish that he would put the guitar away each night, but much like the clothes chair and the towel on the bed, I have given up asking and just "let it go".

Giselle Rasheta said...

As we got the call that Chelsea was at the hospital, I was thinking how lucky I was to get myself ready quickly and get out the door, beating both my parents and Billie Jo and Tim to St. George to see Chelsea... I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get yourself and little ones ready for the day!

Holy cow...what a Mom!

Stephanie said...

Olivia- (I am sorry to have to tell your family the truth) I have to say first off that no matter what she says here, her life is way more interesting than she lets you believe. I live in Las Vegas and see her every day-and she is ALWAYS off to do something fun, or at least challenging...she really does put me to shame with what I do with my kids. I am going to second with everyone else...you are supermom!

Anonymous said...

This seems to be working for me.

Jadi said...

Olivia,
I can so relate to your life! You have done a great job with your blog. It is so fun to see what you guys are doing. Luke and Noah are so cute! I love the pictures. I am still figuring out the blog thing but you can check out our site geoffreyandjadigunnersonfamily.blogspot.com

Love, Jadi

Billie Jo said...

Oh the life of an organized person! I just live day to day. It seems to be a great change of pace for me! I wish I could bring myself to make sugar cookies with my kids! You are the bomb!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I just wanted to thank you guys again for coming for the weekend. I think it was good for both of us to get our minds off of waiting for Jack! He still may not be here if it weren't for the encouragement to drink the castor oil! We're so glad you were able to share in the birthing experience with us! Jack misses his cousins and aunt and uncle already and wants to see you! We love you!!!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I will not DEMAND an update, since I know you do not appreciate it, but at least give us something....

Emily said...

You are hilarious!
I seriously loved it - Ah, so familiar. . .

We're voting for Helio too.