Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jack's birth/Conference weekend

I thought we better join the picture posting of Jack's birth. We were very glad to be there for the birth and loved being with family. Although Jack wasn't ready to be born, we decided for conference weekend to drive up to LA Verkin and visit with Max and Chelsea. We were going on faith and thought that if Jack is accommodating, and a people pleaser like his mother, he would not make us drive to LA Verkin twice in one week. Thanks Jack you came through.


We spent the weekend watching conference waiting and hoping. Then came the castor oil. We couldn't convince Chelsea to drink it, as she wasn't sure it would work and was worried it would only produce bowel problems. We (Max, Olivia and myself) continued to encourage her to take it. Max and I even tasted it to see if it was bad. Honestly, not too bad by itself; however, the concoction created by Chelsea to drink it with orange juice was disgusting.


This was Chelsea's bravery and drinking of the concoction on Saturday night. Sorry for the poor video, it was with my phone, and note to self, must have phone upright for videos.





I'm not sure if the castor oil worked, but Jack showed up the next day. Good job Chels.






Noah was pretty excited to see Mia, and gave his usual hugs and kisses.


While waiting for the birth, we decided to head over to the Temple, which was next door to the hospital, and walk around the temple grounds with the boys. Olivia wanted to take a couple of pictures with the boys in the flowers surrounding the temple, and Noah thought it his responsibility to pick one of the flowers and bring it back to Chelsea.









And finally Jack arrived late Sunday night. Luke was sleeping and could not wake up to see Jack much, but Noah was still going strong. We were so happy to see Jack before we had to leave, but shortly after holding Jack we had to get on the road and drive back to Las Vegas so that we could get to work and school on Monday.




7 comments:

Billie Sue said...

What a great weekend we all had -- together! I thought this should perhaps inspire us to get that "family" vacation planned and on the calendar! Jack definitely came in the nick of time for everyone to get back to work. The pics of the boys at the temple are so good. I love those boys and am so glad to hear them call me, "Gramma!"

Billie Sue said...

One more--I love the picture of Noah and Mia! So tender and sincere.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thanks for saying I'm a people pleaser, because I really am, and obviously so is my baby. I think I'm convinced that it was the castor oil, so thanks for the encouragement, I guess. I'm so glad you guys were here for the weekend and for the birth. The pictures at the temple are SO cute, those boys really love their mom. And, you guys look very natural with three children, better get working on it! Love ya!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Mom--incorrect. Jack didn't come in time for ME to see him! That's okay, I just need to plan a road trip to see that cute little guy. Love the pics, Olivia...your boys get cuter and cuter every time I see them.

Love you!

Billie Jo said...

LOVE IT!!!!! I have been waiting for a long time to see an update. So worth the wait. Good Job Rico. I think you should ground Olivia more often then you can update whenever you want. By the way you can take down your funny little "second attempt" remark. I had to prove a point. You know I am a stubborn McNeil!

The Richards family said...

I have always wanted to SEE someone drink that stuff ! I have heard people say they did ( way to go chels, you are brave) I always did the bumpy rides and some other things but NEVER the caster oil. I am glad you captured that!!! Cute pictures of your wait for Jack !!

Kati said...

She must have been very determined to have that baby. I could NEVER do that. I would have been vomiting for 3 days! Looks like it worked though!