Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Too Much of a good thing?

Can you really ever have too much of a good thing?
Yep. Especially if you are talking about marshmallows. At the Fourth of July potato planting party (seriously, we did it), we decided to roast some marshmallows and have smores as a reward for all of our hard work. Both my mom and Billie Jo must've been drawn to the "giant roasters" Food Town had on promotion, because that is what we had. It seemed like a great idea, but the reality of it was not.

Stay away from these if you see them in the store.

Even Grandpa couldn't stay clean!

Just TRY to eat this without getting marshmallow EVERYWHERE!

Shockingly, Noah was the messiest.

The marshmallow was bigger than Elijah's hand.
One of these is definately enough.

10 comments:

Jadi said...

I haven't seen these before, they are huge! :) Even though they were messy it looks like everyone enjoyed them.

Billie Sue said...

I love it! The whole thing was rather hilarious and the look on Eli's face in the last picture is proof! Well, I had to go to Wal Mart to get the regular sized ones, but for the next event, I am prepared!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Haha, that was so fun. I would TOTALLY buy those again. Not.

They looked so messy that I wasn't even tempted to make a smore. And seriously...under what circumstances have you ever known me to deny myself anything that includes chocolate?

Whitney said...

i have never seen a marshmallow that big before!!! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Hilarious! It was like some comedic routine that we couldn't stop for some reason. Just another of the many many reasons I love our family and love our get togethers---even if they turn into one huge sticky mess! It seems like we can't get enough of each other!

Robbin said...

We had those too and it wasn't pretty. The good thing was since they were twice as big it seemed like they were gone twice as fast! You can't help but love the sticky, dirty, smokey aftermath of the giant 'smore!

Stephanie said...

Now that is funny! I love the look of that little guy holding such a ginormous marshmallow! :) Sent you an email!

Pays said...

That is too cute! I saw those marshmallows at the store and was a party pooper- I got the regular ones! But how much fun did everyone have eating them!! How fun!

Emily said...

Oh my! those marshmallows ARE huge! hilarious pictures. makes me want to eat an enormous s'more. . . almost. :)

So fun to see you last week! My kids are still talking about all your awesome toys. . .

Billie Jo said...

One bag of supersized marshmellows: $3.89..... Having marshmellow stuck on everyone and everything: PRICELESS!