Thursday, June 24, 2010

My 2 year old baby

I find myself often referring to "my baby". I say it at work when I am talking to co-workers, I say it to Luke and Noah when I am talking about their little brother, I say it almost every time I am talking about Elijah. Well I may just need to come up with a new phrase because "my baby" just turned two and I don't know if that still classifies him as a baby! In any case, he IS my baby, and since he refuses to talk, he can't tell me to stop. Here are a few pictures of "my baby's" birthday.

"Cheese!" How cute is Eli's smile for the camera?!

Elijah loves all things farm related, so his farm cake was a huge hit!

Of course instead of wanting to blow out candles or eat the cake, he just wanted to drive the tractor through the frosting. What a mess.
Hauling the "hay" out of the field.
A farm boy through and through.
Racing Evan on the tractors.
The best present of all! A ride on the four wheeler with cousins and brothers.


Elijah got "Woody" for his birthday from my mom, and the next morning, he decided to take him for a horse ride. It was all his doing and TOTALLY cute!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe he is TWO already. Where did that time go? He is such a handsome kid, but we already knew he would be! Aaron LOVES toy story too!

Jadi said...

I am shocked! I can't believe he is really two years old! I remember when you had him and posted about how much you loved having a newborn again. It seems like time just keeps going faster and faster. He is adorable. It looks and sounds like he had a fun birthday. The cake turned out really cute! We miss you guys!!

Foote Family said...

It is just fine to keep calling him your "baby", even when he's 16 and brings home a girl for you to meet.:) I can't believe it's been 2 years! Is the striped shirt from Gymboree? Evan has the same one and it used to be Ryan's.

Giselle Rasheta said...

Could that first picture be any more Rick?? I think not. Man that Elijah is cute. And yes, it's fine for him to still be your baby. And what a cute baby he is!

Billie Sue said...

Well...Eli feels like my baby too! He lived here when he was born and stayed here with us until just 6 months ago. He comes to see me on his own when he knows I am out in the yard. He comes when the baby sitter is there and he doesn't want to be. He watered the flowers for me tonight and even though he doesn't freely converse, he does a fantastic job of communicating! My door is always open to my little man and the Oreo container is waiting right where he knows it is! A Grandma couldn't find a cuter, nicer, sweeter little boy to call her "Baby."

Cassondra said...

I LOVE your farm cake and especially the fact that Eli wanted to drive the tractor rather than blow out the candle! What a cute boy! I can't believe he is 2 and I haven't met him....boo hoo for me! He'll always be your baby until there's a smaller one around and that's okay. We mom's have earned that privilege. Our last one will be our baby even when they're 20! :)

Chelsea Johnson said...

Oh I love that sweet baby boy! The cake is totally dar and I can't believe you didn't even tell me about it, little Betty Crocker!

I can't wait to see how his bond with Woody unfolds.....before you know it he may be sleeping with 25 stuffed animals. Consider yourself warned.

I'm glad Jack got to be a small part of playing with the cousins while he was there this week! He loves those boys so much!

McNeil Family said...

Hey, what happened to my comment? I swear I had one typed up a while ago and now it is gone. It is totally ok to call Baby Eli a baby. I call Evan my "tiny baby" and that is a complete lie. They are your baby until you get another one! What a cute sweet birthday boy and all I see is RICK in that first picture! So glad we got to see the beautiful cake first hand.

Barbara said...

Hey guys! Looks like he had the best party ever! Definitely what every little boy wants! He is just so darn cute! I love that first picture of him. Happy Birthday!

Marleen said...

I can't believe how old your boys are getting. It makes me sad that we aren't closer to know them better! They are so cute! And totally awesome trip that you got to go on with Rick. Someday, Spencer and I will get to. If we ever have a baby not breastfeeding!