Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter, Conference, Luke's 8th Birthday...

Although it has been a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to post some pictures of the boys on Easter/Conference/Birthday weekend. Luke was born on conference weekend 8 years ago, and I love that every April conference we get to celebrate his birthday. The best years are those (like this year) where Easter is also on that same weekend. It makes the for the best celebrations. We had a good time decorating the eggs, with only one major spill...and it was ME who spilled the RED die on the table! I let the boys do whatever they wanted to their eggs (a difficult thing for me who wants them all to be "beautiful") and they totally loved it. If they liked to eat hard boiled eggs I would do dozens and dozens of eggs, but I am the only one who eats them and I can only eat so many in the weeks following Easter. Easter morning Rick and I woke up to the sound of cracking eggs and Elijah found the eggs the Easter Bunny left on the stairs and did his best to open them. Noah totally cracked me up with his candy. He is a VERY picky eater, and apparently that applies to candy as well. He found his basket and immediately started giving away the candy he didn't want. In the end he hardly had any. I guess the Easter Bunny needs to stick to plain M&Ms for him.

Luke had some friends over the weekend of his birthday for a pizza, How to Train Your Dragon, and sleepover party. I was aghast that the conversation in the car was about passing gas, but Rick just laughed and said, "Wait until they are Boy Scout age, they will be really obnoxious." Boys. I just don't get them. He had a great 8th birthday, and is SO excited to be baptized in a couple of weeks. I just can't believe that he is at that point in his life already!

Spring has finally stated to come to Woodland and the we have already started loving being outside more. Just one more month until summer break. We all can't wait.























10 comments:

Cassondra said...

Happy 8th Birthday Luke!!!

Olivia, your boys all look SO much older! Time is flying by way too fast! They are so handsome! I LOVE seeing pictures taken in your new house. It makes me feel so happy for you!! I hope we can come through and stop to visit you there some time. I laughed when you wrote about relinquishing control of the egg coloring. We are SO similar!! I miss you! Thanks so much for calling the other night. I hope we catch each other soon so we can really chat!

Billie Jo said...

I can't believe how old Luke is looking. I know I see him more often than others but just looking at those pictures proves to be all the evidence I need that he is a fine young man. The baptism is what will throw you over the edge. You will be overwhemled at the fact that this is your child taking such a significant step in his life.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I agree with Billie Jo that Luke looks WAY too old! Holy cow. I can' wait to see your beautiful family again soon. I would have helped you eat dozens and dozens of eggs...maybe next time??

Miss you, love you! Have fun on you vacay!

The Cox Family said...

I also agree that Luke is looking so grown up all of a sudden! Glad he had a fun birthday and how exciting that he is getting baptized soon! Hope you guys are having a great Spring break!

Foote Family said...

Happy Birthday to your Luke! My Ryan turned 9 on the 2nd of April. Your boys are adorable and growing so fast! I hope your new job is going well!

Billie Sue said...

Well, I am a week behind in the blogging world, but it is difficult for a grandma to be responsible for three boys and find time to blog! They (all of the boys) are actually very good boys! Noah even ate a peanut butter cup at my house yesterday, but Luke didn't tell him it was peanut butter until it was down! They all worked so hard in my yard on Saturday. Raking, spraying weeds and grass, picking up grass, cleaning up old bricks -- are just a few of the chores they have been working on in your absence. Just think -- they will be experienced when it comes to working in your yard! I, too, am looking forward to the baptism! I would LOVED to have witnessed you giving up control of the egg situation! That would have been worth watching!

Pays said...

I can't believe he is that old!! Happy Birthday Luke! Your boys are so cute. What a fun house you have!! All those little wild men running around to keep you busy!!

Jadi said...

The boys are all getting so big! I hope Luke had a fun birthday! I keep telling myself I am going to get it together and start remembering birthdays but it is just not happening. I need to do better. We love you guys!

Emily said...

Aw, those boys (and that cake!) are delicious! I love Luke's blue BYU egg that matches his eyes. And Elijah sitting with the eggs is just too cute.

Eliza was born on Conference too> I never thought about it but I guess she'll always have a Conference birthday too

Dan said...

Wait until they start bragging about who had the biggest "blue-dart." Ask Rick.