Friday, March 19, 2010

Windows

I'm sure you have heard the saying, "Whenever God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." (Okay, I should not have put that in quotes because I really have no idea what the actual saying is, but you get the idea). Lets just say that this ENTIRE house building process has seemed like one door closing after another. The loan process the same. Two weeks ago Rick's car died. I have also had to downgrade my car for mortgage reasons. SLAM! But just like always there is an open window. Ours came in the form of a new job.

I just found out that I got a job that I applied for a month ago. For most of my parenting life I have always said I would love a part-time job in my field. You get the benefits of being at home with your children most of the time, you use your education doing something that you love, and a few days a week you have to get out of your sweat pants. I am so excited! Two and a half days a week I will be working as a Health Educator for Summit County. It means working a few more hours a week then I do now, but being all lumped together will make it feel less hectic (I think). It seems perfect. I just hope it turns out that way!

11 comments:

Cassondra said...

Congratulations!! That is so awesome Olivia!!!! I can't wait to hear more about it! I'll call you next week!

Emily said...

Yay! You. Are. Queen.

Seriously - that sounds perfect! And you'll be great.

Way to go, Olivia!

Billie Sue said...

So, will you still chill at night teaching yoga? What about the poor Oakley school? Tell me all about it tomorrow!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I am so excited for you! I can't imagine anything better. I didn't know about your car, though...what did you get? Mine was totaled, so I'm shopping for a new one as well. Can't wait to hear all about the new gig!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Congrats!!!! It is so frustrating to feel like the doors keep closing, so I am happy this one finally worked out so well. I think you will love your new sched and everything will be great!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yeah for you! I have been praying for you that this would work out. I hope that don't feel too bad about driving a DURANGO! Some moms look good driving them.

Jadi said...

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it!

McNeil Family said...

I have never heard of driving a Durango as a downgrade. I only dream about being able to afford one of those cars! I saw the last post, and it sure looks like you guys are VERY blessed! And further... exactly the job you wanted! Sounds perfect and I hope you enjoy it.

Foote Family said...

It does seem that when it rains it pours! I'm sorry for all of the trouble you've run into, but congrats on your new job!!! I would love to do something part time, but haven't seen anything. Best wishes on your new job!

The Cox Family said...

It was so fun seeing you guys last weekend and getting the latest lawyer advice! We are still waiting for our window to open however. I am so excited for you though and think it will be a great experience!

Cassondra said...

Amen, Olivia! 2 years IS waaaaayyyy too long! I hope to see you soon! Thanks for your comments on my blog!