Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Okay, it is only 9 days late, but here are a few pictures of Noah's fourth birthday. I usually say something like, "where does the time go?" But for some reason it really does feel like four years (or more!) have gone by since I had my beautiful black-haired baby boy. A lot has happened during these last four years, and I know that there will be even more exciting things to come in the next four.

Noah is such a case of extremes. He is the child who can TOTALLY exhaust you of all patience, but then is full of hugs and kisses. He is stubborn from head to toe, but can out of the blue surprise you with thoughtful deeds and sayings. He didn't even say "mama" until he was 18 months old, and now knows all his letters, sounds, colors, shapes, rhymes, and initial consonant sounds and letters. He LOVES being outside playing and getting dirty, but wants a bath every night. He jumps at the chance to go out and "work" with Dad, Grandpa, or any other worker who may grace our house, but whines that he "just wants to stay home" every morning we are headed out of the door.

Noah is unlike any other. And that is just how I like it.
Blowing out the candles on his transformers cake

Displaying all the birthday loot!

Noah got a kitty for his birthday from Uncle Chris. THANKS A LOT!

He LOVES the kitty and named him Tiger Shark. Tiger for short.

Elijah also loves Tiger. I'm not sure if the feelings are mutual.

15 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thank heavens for an update on those adorable kids! I love how much they love Tiger Shark. They need a little sister to dote on like that. Happy Birthday to a big 4-year old Noah boy! I think we are raising Noah junior, and while he is a handfull, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Noah! What a sweet boy, he certainly has given you a lot to deal with, but would you have it any other way? :) Plus, he's got such a great mom! I agree with Chelsea above, it's wonderful to hear your voice again-even if it is only over the blog-o-sphere! :) I know about the private thing, I much prefer the public ones, but what do you do?! So when are you closing on your house and when can you finally move it? It has to be getting pretty close now doesn't it? I can't wait to hear all about it!

McNeil Family said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Noah.. Late. We are so sad we missed seeing that fantastic transformer cake. Noah is growing into such a big boy and a hard worker.

Emily said...

Oh, Olivia - I LOVE-LOVE your description of Noah. . . You are such a great mom.

laughed OUT LOUD at the last picture and caption. That kid is sure growing up!

Whitney said...

Happy birthday Noah!!! He is such a big boy and we miss you guys so much. I also love your description of Noah it sounds a lot someone I know (Cody).

Billie Sue said...

I remember so well the day Noah was born...I thought he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen! He definitely is an child of extremes, but we love them all. He has a very adult vocabulary -- even his expressive language is adult--things are either great or fantastic or absolutely great! He is an absolutely, fantastic, great birthday boy!

Billie Jo said...

I love Noah like he was mine, however I am not sure the feeling is mutual. I wanted a picture in the dash costume. I guess I will get a Halloween update. I hope Tiger has a more promising life than poor Oreo!

Cassondra said...

What a great little boy! I miss his his cute face! Happy Birthday Noah!!! I can't believe he already knows all his letters, their sounds, colors and shapes! Actually, I can! That's awesome! Your boys are lucky to have such an awesome mommy! You do an amazing job with them - even when your life is out of control busy! I am looking forward to seeing your next update with Halloween pictures! :)

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh man, what an awesome birthday for an awesome boy!! Noah is without a doubt one of the cutest kids I know. I love that he loves t be outside working hard...he's so fun and cute. He definitely keeps your life from being boring, right??

Happy Birthday to Noah!

Giselle Rasheta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giselle Rasheta said...

PS that's my deleted comment. I accidentally posted mine twice...

Foote Family said...

I'd forgetten that we had kids so close in age. He is just adorable! Good luck with the new cat! I tell people that I have four kids, I don't need any pets.:)

The Cox Family said...

I loved reading your post and how you described Noah. I know I have said this before, but we have the same child!

Dan said...

Uncle Chris just earned a special spot in Olivia's heart forever...

Jadi said...

I am so sorry I have been so bad at remembering birthdays! It looks like he had a fun birthday. He is such a cute little boy. I love the picture of Eli with the cat. :)

Heather was putting together a birthday list. I will have to check with her about that. I really need to get the dates on my calendar.