Thursday, October 8, 2009

House Update

I know that it has been WAY too long since I have taken the time to update this blog and show you the progress we are making on the house. I can't even take 5 more minutes and explain WHY I am too busy, because the few minutes I am on the computer are making me feel guilty about all of the things I SHOULD be doing! Last week the cabinets were installed and it is finally starting to feel like a real house. We really had to push fast with the travertine in order to have it all laid before the cabinets came, but we made it. Rick has been AMAZING. He has had some help, but for the most part he has done all of the travertine by himself. I love the way that it looks, especially with the cabinets. We (and by we I mean Rick) just have to finish grouting the travertine and then seal it and we can move on to the next project. I'm not sure what that will be, the list is a mile long! We are heading into the final stretch, but it seems like we have more work than ever. I hope that Rick can hold out for about 6 more weeks.

a> Here is the bench in the back entry. I have aleady informed the boys that this is where they sit to put their shoes on and take them off! I love the hooks for their coats. No more shoes and coats past this point.
The back entry/laundry room.
Lots of storage for coats, hats, gloves, bookbags, etc. You know, all of the things that are strung out from the front door to every room in the house!

I have a hanging bar above the dryer. Everyone keeps telling me that I will LOVE it. It certainly will cut down on the ironing (which I HATE to do.)


(Kitchen)
Looking toward the range, microwave, and sink.

(Kitchen)
Hutch on the left down to the pantry on the right.
Yes, the cabinets reach to the 9 foot celings. I am going to have to have a step ladder to reach anything in the top!
I wanted black as an accent and I think the hutch was a perfect choice.

Here is the full kitchen (from the dining room) the lighting isn't very good, but the beadboard on the back of the bar is also black to match the hutch.

The dining room travertine.

Our bathroom.
I love the turned feet. They make the vanity really seem like a piece of furniture.




16 comments:

Brie said...

I Love your house Olivia. I am so happy for your little family. Hope all is well and I hope we can get together sometime. Hannah asks about Luke all the time. Tell him Hannah says hi.

{Pink Igloo Designs} said...

Love it!!!!

Stephanie said...

OH my! It is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I like the black accent- I'm also super jealous of the Mud room! Hang in there, soon you will have a beautiful home and you can enjoy all this hard work that you are putting into it. Just keep thinking about your first Christmas in your new home! I can't wait to see it all the way finished and complete! [I'm sure you cant either] ...Again, it really is beautiful...

Cassondra said...

Oh Olivia!! I feel so happy for you right now!! - getting to put together your home just how you want it!! How awesome! I'm remembering all of our long walks talking about owning our own homes one day and decorating them to our hearts desire and here you are living out that dream! I am SO excited for you to get to move in and make your house a home! It is Beautiful!! I love your mud room and all of your storage room! I think your kitchen cupboards are so awesome reaching all the way to the 9ft ceilings! And the beadboard is adorable! So are the turned feet in your bathroom. I can't wait to come see you and stay in your home one day! Hooray for Rick and all of his hard work! Hooray for you and your family! You deserve all the happiness of such a beautiful new home! Congratulations!

I miss you! Love you!
Cassondra

Chelsea Johnson said...

It is so beautiful! I completely love all the choices you guys have made and I'm so glad I got to see it in person the other day! Not much longer till you're living there.....

The Cox Family said...

I love the black accent in your kitchen, it looks great. I bet you are getting so excited for it to be finished!

Billie Sue said...

Here I am your Mom and I haven't even been in the house since the cabinets were completed. I did run over 5 minutes after the delivery truck came and then at the end of that day as well. You will love your backdoor entry--with the bath right there as well. I don't know what I will do without my little Noah coming to the door to greet me every time I run in (and out) and wanting me to hold him. I'm sure he can find his way back to Grandma's house! I love it, love it, love it!

Whitney said...

I love it!!!!!

The Richards family said...

Olivia your house if wonderful!! Thanks for giving me a private tour today. You guys have done a lot of work but it will so be worth it!! Let me know if I can do anything to help!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Wow, could I be more jealous? I think not. Not only are you building a house in Woodland, but it is AMAZING. I really really like the travertine and the cupboards are just beautiful. Keep it up! I know you're busy but it's killing me not to be able to see it. Remember your baby sister when you decide how to spend your 5 spare minutes per day. Blog, blog, blog...

Billie Jo said...

Love it Love it Love it! You guys deserve it. I just home Rick can live through the next 6 weeks and come out alive.

Pays said...

It is gorgeous! It will be so worth all the hard work you guys have put into it when it is all done.... That is when you are ALL done. Until then, you can keep being picked on- I know how you feel! You two may actually catch up on your sleep eventually too!! lol- It is beautiful! So excitetd for you!

Emily said...

Oooooo. . . I'm so in love.

I. WANT. YOUR. HOUSE.

Toni said...

Beautiful! Wish we were as far into our house building as you guys!!! We're still putting up sheetrock on the first floor.

I just finished painting a bathroom... yeah... we have a toilet & tub!

Looks great you guys!

Stephanie said...

I hope you are surviving! I'm thinking about you!!!

The Crystal's said...

Your house is so beautiful. I love it. I would love to take a tour one day. I am jealous of your back entry, way to think.