Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Construction begins!

To say that is has been a long time coming would be an understatement; but we have finally begin the construction of our new home! It has all been so fast, and I hope that the rest of the process goes as smoothly and quickly as it has so far. Surprisingly is has not even been two weeks since the first crew started work. They came on Thursday and poured the cement footings. Friday they set the forms for the foundation, and poured those on Monday. Wednesday the framers started work on the floor and by last Thursday we had our first wall. By the end of today the entire first floor will be framed and they will start tomorrow on the second story. WOW ! What a lot of work. We have found that right now is a GREAT time to be building a house, because no one else is and contractors are begging for work. We hope that this means we will be in by Thanksgiving, not Christmas. (Although secretly I am hoping for Halloween!) Rick and Noah sealing the foundation.
Noah has been so excited to go out and work everyday. He has had the opportunity to work in the trackhoe and backhoe a lot because my uncle is doing our excavation. He is the hardest working little boy. He always wants to be out working with the men .
The first wall!
This is the wall separating the garage from the house.

Luke, Grandma Gunnerson and Eli, Rick, and Grandpa Gunnerson standing in the garage looking at the first of many walls.
The first wall went up on Thursday, and here it is today.
This is a picture of the back of the house from my parents yard.

I know this picture isn't of anything important, but I just thought I would show how well we are protecting those wetlands! We've had heavy equipment drive on it, a dumpster park on it, all of the crew's trucks park on it, and lumber stacked on it. But, building a house there would be out of the question.

16 comments:

The Crystal's said...

It looks great! Good luck with the rest.

Chelsea Johnson said...

It looks awesome! I can't believe how much progress they've made even since I was there on Thursday! It will be done in no time!

Whitney said...

congrat's!!!! hope it goes by fast for you guys.

Nate and Janie said...

Yay! You're getting your house!!! Woo hoo! Please keep posting pictures of the progress - I'm excited to see the finished product!

Robbin said...

Well with all the run around you guys have gone through with this house you deserve to have it done fast! Last time I was down that way they were just starting to dig in the snow. I can't believe you have walls already! Just cross your fingers that you have gotten all the snags out of the way right at first and the building goes smooth. I am so excited for you guys and wish I was building right now!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I am so happy that I can look right out my window and see my little boys! Yeah! (Woops -- I just notice I am signed in as Olivia and this is really Grandma Billie Sue!)

Jadi said...

How exciting! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Hopefully we will be able to see it while we are in Utah this summer.

Cassondra said...

I can't believe it!! This makes me so happy! What a pleasure to be close enough to just look outside to see the progress everyday on YOUR HOUSE!! That's amazing! I am thrilled for you!

You made me laugh about the wetlands! How true! You are such a crackup!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh my gosh, yay!!! Can I get a "woot woot!" That is so so exciting, and I cannot wait to walk through when I'm there next weekend!

Dan said...

Great pics, I love your jab at Big Brother and his precious wetlands.

Emily said...

Lookin' good! I can't wait to see the work in progress this summer. . .

What a beautiful spot!

Foote Family said...

Congrats!! I know this has been a lot of work and I'm excited for you and your family. We are looking at homes right now for when we head back to NC.

Marleen said...

So very awesome. Can't wait to see the final product! Way to go you guys.

Kristie said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you guys. I hope that you have a house warming party you get settled in. That way we can have a reason to come visit you. Good luck!
Addison

Haylee said...

Hey Olivia! I am tagging you as a “queen blogger!” Don’t worry I won’t feel bad if you don’t continue the tag, but I just wanted you to know that I love your blog! (If you want to grab the award it is on my food blog!) Love ya!

Vicki said...

It's looking great! Congratulations!