Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day





What a fun 24th of July we had. Luke and Noah were both in the children's parade in the morning. Luke decorated a scooter with red streamers and an American flag and "scooted" the whole way through the parade. I was nervous that he would be really tired because he pushes the scooter the whole time as he has yet to master the art ot pushing then riding. He did great, but said that he was tired at the end. Noah rode in the wagon with Mia, providing me some great solo time to enjoy things without chasing him around.


In the afternoon we went to listen to the Bar G Wranglers sing. It was really entertaining, and Luke knew the words to most of the songs.


The last picture is of the cousins (the Butikofers, the Averetts, and the Gunnersons) riding down the driveway at Billie Jo and Tim's house. I was the only adult present and really instigated the entire thing. All of the kids loved it! As the other parents came out to see, they were a little concerned about the speed at which their children were going down the cement driveway and into the road (or neighbors yard!). I wish the picture was a litttle more clear. They were having a great time. Noah was also in the race, but had the most wrecks. He has a very high tolerance for pain and just kept getting up. Now, that's something you can't do outside in the summer in Las Vegas!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, first to comment on these pictures! Rick and I were looking at them in my office and before I read your post I told Rick the same thing you wrote...you can't have all that fun here in Las Vegas. I'll bet the boys are so happy to be up in "the country."

Anonymous said...

Olivia, I am so proud of you and your blog--you must somehow continue this when you head back down to Las Vegas (hint hint to Rick). I'm happy you and Billie Jo were able to get your pictures on so quickly today, because I feel a little less left out now. I have been helping Noah study literally the entire day. Love you so much, and thanks for the update!

Chelsea Johnson said...

You are doing so well with your blog! I guess I should stop chastising people and update mine now too! It looks like you had lots of fun on the 24th--thanks for the fun weekend we had while I was there! Love ya!

Billie Sue said...

Darn tootin' you couldn't have that much fun in Las Vegas, 'cause Grandma and Grandpa aren't there! Where else can you be where Grandpa gets you away from your mother to go to the Co-op and eat honey buns with Pepsi for breakfast? Where else can you fall asleep for your nap with the constant hum of the tractor on your Grandpa's lap? Where else can Grandma save you from your mother's wrath by washing away the evidence from hands and face, when you dig in the house plants for the 2nd time in one afternoon? Woodland's the place to be!

Anonymous said...

Well I wish that those boys lived next door so we could have a constant PARTY!! Let's trade Noah for Mia for one day and see if we like it any better?