Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daddy's Girl

I guess it's only fair. I mean, all of my other children look like me (or my brother!). I couldn't expect to have that much strength in the gene pool. Eventually one of my children was bound to look more like their dad. Now Rick has one he can finally claim...his daughter! Yep, even though we thought that Liv looked just like me when she was born, the older she gets the more she starts to look like Rick. I hear it everywhere we go. "Wow, that baby sure looks like her daddy." "Oh my, she looks just like Rick!" "Well, isn't she daddy's little girl." Last night at dinner Rick was holding Liv on his lap and letting her suck on a piece of cantaloupe. Rick loves cantaloupe. I detest it. So here is further proof that Liv is truly turning out to be Daddy's girl. We were all laughing so hard at Liv sucking the juice out of her cantaloupe. Whenever Rick would take it away, she would instantly start crying until he put it right back up to her mouth. I took a darling video of her, but of course I cannot make it load. Fortunately, this picture is cute enough to get the idea!

7 comments:

Aimee and Cole said...

How cute! She is a pretty girl so sorry Rick, but you much have some girl features in ya ;) hehe

Emily said...

Aw, what a cutie! All my boys look like Nate. I thought surely my girls would look like me. I couldn't be more wrong! I've got two little "Daddy's girls" too. Which I have to admit are the cutest kind.

Liv is as darling as can be with that cantaloupe! She looks so grown up sitting up at the table. too too cute.

Billie Sue said...

How on earth did I miss this post? Man, I must be busy to be slacking like that! Yes, indeedie, Liv does look like her Daddy. She does has a hint of you in her, but if that girl likes cantaloupe, she is definitely her Daddy's girl! Beautiful!

Jadi said...

How did I miss this post! She is so cute!! I think you are right, she does look a little bit like her daddy, only more feminine. :) She is adorable, does she have brown eyes?

Nate and Janie said...

That's hilarious! She is such a cutie no matter who she looks like! And I love that she already has an opinion!

The Cox Family said...

I hear ya Olivia! The boys should look like their fathers, and the girls should look like their mothers. Sophie is a spitting image of Curtis and people tell me all the time that she looks just like him. Crazy! She sure is a cutie though!

Stephanie said...

She's bound to be beautiful- and she is! I love seeing your family if only in cyberspace! Hope you all are well!