Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter "Eggs"travaganza

So many fun things to share about Easter this year. We started with the Egg Dive at the swimming pool where the kids were able to swim, collect eggs, and win prizes. They loved the morning, and the only hiccup was that the camera batteries died right after Luke's age group went, so I didn't get any pictures of Noah or Elijah!




Later that night we sat down to dye our eggs. Each boy got his own dozen, but with the FIVE dozen that Grandma cooked, Noah flew through his own and then some. They had a great time and did everything by themselves, except Elijah who got my help. And even with that help we spilled some of the dye. I was a nervous wreck everytime any of the boys would put an egg in to color. I wanted them to go slowly and make sure they were careful. They wanted to be little boys. It was hard for me to watch.














Easter morning came bright and early (all mornings do around our house!), which was a good thing since we needed to get out of the house to choir practice BEFORE 9:00am church! They boys quickly found all but one of the eggs. Once we were home from church they got back on the search and found the last egg (with a little help from mom!). They also found their baskets with TONS of candy. And a new toothbrush. Thanks Easter Bunny.











I didn't get any pictures, but we were also so lucky to enjoy two delicious Easter Dinners; one with the Gunnerson's and one with the McNeil's. We are so lucky to be able to enjoy spending holidays with our families. We love it!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I hear ya about being a nervous wreck dying Easter eggs with little boys. It always takes me a while to recover after the ordeal every year. But every year we do it. And every year we stain our table or our clothes or something else - despite me being a control freak.

Your eggs turned out lovely. And you're so lucky to spend Easter with all your family. I'm jealous.

** I keep checking in here everyday hoping to hear news of a baby girl. . . any day now, right?

Billie Jo said...

Oh the ongoing joys of motherhood. I was sure that we would have a major catastrophy but managed to make it through. Since I don't eat eggs this is not my favorite past time but as long as the kids enjoy themselves, right! Just wait til next year when you are trying to keep a almost one year old out of the dye. HAHAHAHAHA!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh man! I need to get blogging. If I had known your camera died, I could have taken some pics of Noah and Eli instead of getting 5,000 shots of Rajko and Jack that all look identical! Easter sure was fun this year, and I bet it just gets more fun as your kids get older. I was just so happy that rajko figured out what an egg hunt was. Love you, gunners!!

Cassondra said...

Love the toothbrush idea! I'm glad we were able to visit this week. I'm getting so excited for Monday... :)