Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mr. Clean

Noah is his grandpa's little helper. He spends as much time with him as he possibly can and is always talking about being a grandpa. For quite a while now Noah has been asking is he could have a haircut like grandpa. Of course I keep putting him off by saying things like, "wouldn't that be fun!" or "maybe when you are a grandpa". Just the other day when I was commenting to Noah about how long his hair was getting he asked again if he could get a haircut like grandpa. This time grandpa was around to hear it and said an emphatic "YES". I said no. Noah begged. I said no. Grandpa encouraged Noah. I said no. Grandpa rationalized that it would grow back in just a couple of weeks. I gave in.

As Noah and grandpa marched up the stairs I was going to mention to my dad not to really cut it quite as short as his. He could give him a buzz, but not totally shave it off. I WAS going to mention it, but I figured that my dad would think of it by himself. I thought he would use prudence in his judgement. Then I remembered that this is the grandpa who swings grandchildren around in blankets. This is the grandpa who gives grandchildren Pepsi before they can even walk or talk. This is the grandpa who lets Noah "surf" on the tire wheel of the tractor. This is the grandpa who takes the boys to the feed store for Pepsi and honeybuns for breakfast. This is the grandpa who lets Elijah ride the dogs. This is not PRUDENT grandpa! This is FUN grandpa! So I was not suprised when Noah came down the stairs and this is what I saw. Now Noah has a haircut like grandpa's...and loves it.



12 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Olivia, I love it!! Every little boy has their head shaved a few times, right?? If it didn't look good, I'd be worried, but he looks so cute. Plus, think of how long that haircut will last!

What a fun story, too. I love that Noah loves it. I love that he had that experience with grandpa. I love that your exact feelings at the time are now documented. I love it all!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Whoa! That is a Grandpa haircut! And boy, does he sure pull it off! We'll have to send Jack up for one of those too. I love how much Noah loves Dad, and how much Jack loves Noah! He talks about him all the time when we're not with you guys!

Staci said...

I love the haircut. He looks darling and I love that he wanted to be just like Grandpa!

Jadi said...

I think it is cute that Noah wants to be like your dad. It will grow back fast. :) You are a nice mom.

Whitney said...

I think it is cute. How fun it must be for Noah to live with his grandpa that he loves so much.

Billie Jo said...

Noah is such a cute kids that no matter what his haircut is he is stinkin' cute. I have to say that there will probably be many more adventures with Grandpa that our kids will love and that we will "appreciate!"

Pays said...

That is sooo cute!! Your dad is so funny. I can just see that whole scenario play out... How much fun. Noah is so cute! Hope the house is going well!!

Foote Family said...

He looks adorable in his new do! Ryan had Duane cut his hair and came inside with the same haircut. i too wish it was a little longer, but it is what he wanted.

Emily said...

That's the best way to show off those amazing eyes! What a handsome kid - even with the grandpa haircut. And just think - you won't have to worry about cutting it again for a REALLY long time.

too cute.

McNeil Family said...

I have seen the cut in person and he has a perfectly shaped head for that haircut. That is definitely a grandpa's boy!!

Marleen said...

It is a good thing Noah is such a cute boy, not everyone can pull off a bic'ed head.:)

Stephanie said...

What a cute kid! He's so handsome-regardless of the haircut- in fact it really only emphasizes his adorable face! :)