Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas and more

In addition to Christmas, there have been a few other fun things going on around here I thought your might like to see.

Noah is always busy! He loves to be a "worker boy", especially helping his dad and grandpa outside. Yesterday he put on his boots, gloves, and hat and went into the garage to get some wood to start a fire. I thought that he was so darn cute all dressed as a "worker boy".

First of all, please ignore the fact that I look like I am 70 years old. I blame the low lighting and the fact that this picture was taken after midnight, but the truth is...I am just old! Anyway, this is what happens when you stand on a chair in your slippers, holding a baby, with children below you while trying to decorate a Christmas tree. I was attempting to get off the chair when I lost my balance and crashed head-first into the entertainment center. Since I was holding Eli in my arms I couldn't break my fall with my hands. And since Noah was below me, I couldn't just step off the chair onto my feet. Instead I went head-first into the edge of the entertainment center and landed on Noah in the process. Needless to say I had a HUGE headache and an enormous goose egg (with a canyon down the middle). I had just gotten my hair cut that day, and I was excited to show it off, but for the next week everyone that saw me was only interested in the gash on my forehead! I am hoping that it won't leave too much of a scar, but Rick has assured me that even if it does he will still love me. He will call me scarface, but he will still love me.


The week before Christmas, Elijah turned 6 months old. I can't believe he is halfway to one year old. He continues to be such a happy baby, but has gotten so spoiled that he SCREAMS like he is going to die if I am not holding him. He doesn't even like his dad to hold him if I am around. He can sit up pretty well, although he often takes a tumble when he starts looking around. At the doctor's visit I found out that he is too skinny! It was quite a surprise to me, and anyone who has seen the rolls on his legs. He was only in the 25% for weight, the 50% for height, but his head was still at 70%! I sure hope his body catches up to his head someday.

I posted a Christmas slide show below, so take a minute and check-out our Christmas pics!

16 comments:

Matt and Grace said...

Ouch! That's the kind of thing I would do! Knock on wood, but I haven't had an accident like that in a while. I probably just jinxed myself. It's so fun to see Elijah grow! The twins didn't gain much weight, but their heads got bigger too!

Nate and Janie said...

Cute picture of Noah and just so you know, your hair is way cute! I'm sorry about the fall and the goose-egg. It was fun to see you guys over Christmas and have our little chat! We miss you guys lots and love you!

Cassondra said...

Olivia,
Sorry about your head - that's so lame! I can't believe how big Elijah is - what a cutie! Dont worry - I say that big heads mean big brains - not surprising considering you and Rick are his parents! :)

Giselle Rasheta said...

Just so you know, everytime I would see you, my first instinct would be to think that you had a couple bangs out of place. But your super cute haircut definitely took precedence over the scab after the initial look.

That Noah boy is definitely a good helper boy! I was very pleased that in the time I was there, we spent a good 40 minutes together without altercations, he gave me several kisses (which he allowed me to keep and only wiped them off of HIS lips) and even gave me a hug voluntarily!

And for Elijah...I can't believe he's so skinny! How can I make fun of a King Kong bum if he's too skinny? And I'm sure that body will catch up. He needs a head that size to hold all those brains :)

And I loved the Christmas morning slide show...I can never get enough of them!

tortured mormon mom said...

Oh my gosh I hate to see that you were injured but I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one without any Christmas grace. You are lucky you didn't slice it open and need stitches! I hope you are feeling better.

Stephanie said...

That's a huge cut, you must really love your kids! :) (At least at that moment, right?!) I can't believe that Eli's 6 months old either. It's amazing how fast it goes.

Marleen said...

Hey, it could have happened to anyone, right? :) Good thing the body heals itself. The things us moms go through to make everything look pretty. Sheesh!

Foote Family said...

I wouldn't have noticed the scratch on your head at first glance and I don't think you look 70. I'm glad that you all had a great Christmas. The card I sent came back to me because I didn't attach a customs form. Since when do you need a customs form to send a card?!

Emily said...

Olivia - you look so tough! I'm disappointed you couldn't think of a better story than falling from the Christmas tree with a baby in your arms onto your 3-year-old though. . .

Your hair looks amazing as always and you are as beautiful (and not 70) as ever.

Pays said...

What a fun Christmas you had!! Once again, you made me laugh while reading your post- honestly Olivia... you are hilarious!!! Fun times!! p.s. I didn't really notice your head at the family party... you must be a quick healer!!

The Cox Family said...

I don't think the weight percentile is right either because Cam was always average or below average and was the biggest chunk! Oh well, Eli definitely looks healthy. Sorry about the fall, but heads heal pretty well so you shouldn't have too big of a scar.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Oh, Harry, your would is healing so nicely! I honestly felt so bad for you when you told me the story. I can picture the whole horrific even in my mind!

I love that "worker boy;" he is definitely his most happy when he's working and helping out.

And seriously, would you just start feeling Eli, already! Sheesh!

Jadi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Ouch!!! I can't believe Eli is already 6 months old! He is adorable. I am glad you guys had a nice Christmas. I enjoyed the slide show.

Billie Jo said...

These are the special times. One that you will always remember. I am just sad you left out the next part of the story with Rick. I think that maybe you should put some butter on some crackers and feed them to Eli because other than that seriously there is no way that kid can get any more into his mouth!

McNeil Family said...

I read this post and laughed and then forgot to comment. Oh Harry, that's what happens when 70 year olds climb on chairs. Just kidding, that is the part I was laughing the most about... You do not look 70! What you should take a pic of is your skinny minny yoga bod. Seriously. I just noticed it the other night and was so jealous. Or maybe it comes from keeping up with three crazy boys! We are so impressed with Noah's work skills, and he is an angel when he works. So glad we get to see you all the time!

The Pili Aiga said...

Your kids are getting so big and they are soooooo cute :)