Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Guess where we found Santa

That's right, we found Santa at the pool!

A couple of weeks ago the boys had a chance to meet Santa at the pool. I did have to do a little explaining to Luke about why Santa was at the pool in a swimming suit, and why he was skinny. I think they had fun anyway.

We also took the chance to visit Temple Square before it snowed and the weather got too cold. Even though the temperatures were above normal for December, it was still pretty cold! Of course the lights were beautiful, and Noah was especially excited to see the temple. When we first saw it he said, "Oh can I get baptized in there?"

It was a fun night with our favorite girls. Noah didn't want in the stroller (of course), but Luke was happy to take his place. After the temple we went to eat at Sizzler. Luke had never been there before but really loved it. He was amazed that he could eat pizza, nachos, watermelon, grapes, and ice cream all for one meal. He said it was the best dinner ever.

I can't believe that Christmas is just one week away. I am so excited, and I think that the snow has really helped me get in the Christmas Spirit. As an early Christmas present, the Army Corps of Engineers had mapped out the wetlands on our lot, and it looks like we CAN build there. This is a true present because on Thursday of last week the wetlands consultant informed us that it was pretty unlikely that we would be able to build there, but on Friday Rick had an onsite meeting with the consultant and the engineer and they gave us the okay to build... in the back corner! I am not really happy about it, but compared to the news the day before I was thrilled. It means that we will have our house right in the back corner of a one acre lot, with a HUGE front yard. That was on Friday. On Saturday morning we woke up to 6 inches of snow and it hasn't stopped snowing yet. What a blessing. If there was snow on the ground on Thursday or Friday we would not have been able to get the wetland mapping done and would've been out of luck until spring. So even though things are not perfect, I do feel blessed that all is not lost.

9 comments:

Jadi said...

I always love to visit Temple Square at Christmas time. I am glad you guys had fun. How funny to see Santa at the pool! :) I am sure the boys will always remember that. I am so happy you guys are going to be able to build on your lot. What good news!

Stephanie said...

That's great news! At least you now know and that you can plan this winter instead of having the unknown for 6 months!!! We're planning on going to Temple Square while we are there as well. It's been a long time since we visited it at christmas time (I was pregnant with Emma!). I love the Santa at the pool, we've been watching some Christmas movies and I've realized that Brendan picks up way too much about what is going on now. I have had to do a lot of explaining about why that's not the real Santa and why the guy is dressing up like Santa, whew!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you! That is seriously the best Christmas present ever...I cannot wait to see you (two more days!) and see how much everyone has grown. I can't wait to sit and gossip and hang out with my sisters. I can't wait to see all the snow you have. I can't wait for Christmas Eve dinner. I can't wait for the Christmas eve program. I can't wait to watch the kids on Christmas morning. I can't wait for anything!!!!!! I will see you and your wonderful family and your beautiful house property and everything else in just 2 days!

Billie Jo said...

Maybe the trip to Sizzler will have to be Christmas tradition as well. I am so happy about the go ahead from the ACOE!

Cassondra said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Olivia, I am seriously so happy for you! What a tender mercy from Heavely Father that your wetland mapping got done the DAY before it finally snowed! You are so lucky!

Santa at the pool seems like something you'd find in the Vegas warmth of December (not now, but usually)- how funny!

I agree - it's getting harder with Brooklyn's insight and awareness to all around her and all that involves a certain Mr. Clause. It's so fun though!

You are so lucky to be able to take the family down to Temple Square at this time of year! I remember the ONE time I got to go as a kid! Hopefully we can bring our girls up there some year soon!

And last but not least, look at you all hot and skinny and cute!! You look so great!

Billie Sue said...

It would seem that Santa would be kind of soggy--beard and all! Ugh! I just can't imagine Santa doing too much swimming at the North Pole! However, times have changed so much in recent years, perhaps Santa has a lap pool so he can keep in shape! The kids were all super excited about eating at Sizzler--how fun for each of them! What great parents to do such memorable events with their children!

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a silly Santa! I am jealous that we didn't get to spend time with you at Temple Square, and that our plans to go there didn't go well either, but I'm happy for you guys that you got to spend time together and make fun memories for your kids!

I'm sooooo happy for you about the house! I'm glad you are seeing the blessings coming your way!

Nate and Janie said...

Yay! Congrats on your lot and being able to build. That's a great Christmas present. Also, pretty funny to see Santa at the pool!! See you at Christmas hopefully!!

Matt and Grace said...

How exciting for you and your family to build your own home! The boys will love the big front yard. Merry Christmas!